Chapter Forty-Seven

Last night was beyond perfect. Every little detail was vividly etched into my mind. And I wanted to be able to cherished this moment for the rest of my life.
I had never experienced anything quite like what I had with Damon. Sure, I was no virgin, but Damon made it special. It was different to the times I had slept with Mason. Maybe because I never loved Mason, I felt something for him, but that could have just been my grief and loneliness talking.  I'm not sure yet whether it's Love that I feel for Damon, but I do know that there was an unfamiliar feeling swiring around my stomach everytime he was around, or he touched me. But it was nice feeling. It made me feel warm and giddy.
And I could only hope that I falling in love with him.
I had awoken before he had and it was a pleasant surprise to find him still asleep beside me. A part of me had expected him to leave whilst I was sleeping. I'd hoped he wouldn't, but Damon's Damon and you can never know what to expect.
The sun had risen a couple of hours ago and it's rays were now streaming in through my window. The light catching and refecting off of Damon's bare chest.
He was beautiful. There was no other word to describe him.
He raven black hair, that was usually kept well, was now twisted messily. And his lean muscular body was at an angle that accented every curve and indention there was. He was asleep on his back, one arm wrapped around my body holding me close and the other was resting on his abdomen. He was completely naked and the duvet was lying over his hips dangerously low.
I laid there comfortably in Damon's arms, watching him as he slept. Normally this would be freaky, and it still kind of is. But I couldn't bring myself to look away.
This was the first time i've seen Damon asleep and he looked so peaceful and calm, and not like a bi-polar murderer. Not that thats necessarily what he is -but close enough, right?
I can't believe i'm in bed -naked- with Damon and I'm actually calling him a murderer. There is something mentally wrong with me.
"You're staring at me." Damon mumbled triedly.
His eyes were still closed but he pulled me in closer and rolled over to lay on his side, drapped his other arm over my hip and burying his head into the crook of my neck.
"You stare at me all the time." I replied.
He hummed against my skin. And a shudded slid down my spine.
I snuggled in against Damon and relaxed. I never would have guessed he was this affectionate, but I'm not complaining. It was a nice change and it felt good having his affection given to me.
"What time is it?" He mumbled.
My eyes glanced across the room to the large black clock. "12:50."
"We slept through the whole morning?"
"It would seem so."
Damon pulled away, but kept me in his arms and he smirked lazily. "Well we were up till late, So It's not really a surprise."
A blush covered my cheeks as lastnight played in my head. Over and over. "Don't be getting shy on me now, Lillie. You certainly weren't last night."
"Stop it!" I whined and hid my face in the pillow.
"Didn't hear you say anything like that either."
I clenched my jaw and lunged at him. Pinning him to the bed beneath me. I grabbed his wrists and held those securely beside his head on the pillow. I hovered over him, a false glare on face.
"Stop trying to embarrass me."
Damon's eyes glinted and he grinned. "Not embarass. Just making sure you remember everything."
I leant forward against him. My bare chest pressed against his and I moved so that my nose just brushed against his own. "Trust me, it would be hard to forget."
"Obviously. It's was with me."
I rolled my eyes. "Could you at least try to be sentimental."
His face suddenly fell serious. His blue eyes staring lovingly into my own. "Last night was one of the best nights of my life, Lillie. Just because I play it off doesn't mean it wasn't important. I loved every minute of it," He smiled. "and that includes now too."
My lips twitched and I closed the distance between us. Placing a soft lingering kiss to his lips. "It was one of mine too." I admitted quietly as I pulled away.
I let go of Damon's hands and they instinctive moved. One to my hip and the other to my face, cupping my cheek gently.
Although no matter how honest and sentimental we were being just a moment ago, I knew it was over when Damon's usual smirk was back.
"So, better than Mason, right?"
I scoffed. "You're kidding? You can not seriously be bringing up someone else whilst we're both in bed naked!"
"It was just a question."
"One that did not need to be asked."
Damon's phone buzzed on the nightstand and instead of him arguing his case he sat up with my sitting on his lap, A leg either side of him. And reached across grabbing his phone. 
He tapped away at the screen before groaning.
"What? What's wrong?" I questioned.
He looked at me. "How many missed call have you got?"
I cocked an eyebrow but grabbed my phone anyway. The screen lit up and I had a fair amount of missed calls and texts. Most from Hollee and Jeremy. I had a couple from Elena and two from Stefan.
"A few, why? How many do you have?"
"Enough that tells me somethings going on and that we can't stay in bed all day."
"I could have told you that."
His phone buzzed again and he quickly answered it.
"Stefan, what do you want?"
I couldn't hear what was being said, but it must have been important because all playfullness left Damon. "Give me 10 minutes and i'll be there."
Something more was said on Stefans end that made Damon smirk at me. "I'm with Lillie. Problem?"
The call ended after that and Damon dropped his phone onto the bed and pulled me into a kiss. This kiss was different from the one we shared earlier. It was rough. It felt as if he was scared this would be the last time it would happen. And that made panic begin to bubble away. I didn't want this to end. Whatever this was.
When he pulled away, he shifted me off of his lap and wrapped the duvet around me, covering everything that would be exposed otherwise and quickly got out of bed and began shuffling back into his clothing from yesterday.
He didn't speak, not spare me a glance. Just got dressed in silence.
"What did Stefan want?" I asked, killing the silence.
"Nothing."
"You're lying."
"It's not important, Lillie." Damon said, voice hard. Leaving no room for arguments.
So I dropped it. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and with a secure hold on the duvet I stood up. Grabbing all ofmy discarded clothing items from yesterday.
I wasn't going to wear it again, but I couldn't stand them being left on my bedroom floor. I tossed them in the hamper and strolled over to my wardobe, grabbing a random outfit that I'm sure Hollee would dissaprove of.
The shuffling noises stopped behind me and I grew worried that Damon had already left without so much as a goodbye.
But when I spun around, clothes in my hand, Damon was stood there, now completely fully dressed but with a torn expression. As if trying to debate something. He let out a sharp breath and dragged a hand tiredly down his face.
"Lillie, I need to tell you something. Something I probably should have told you last night before we slept together."
Thought swirled around in my head. None of them good.
"What is it?" I asked.
Damon closed his eyes for a moment, before focusing back on me. "It was my fault." He finally said.
I furrowed my brows. "What was?"
"Jenna getting stabbed. I provoked Katherine yesterday after I killed Mason."
Everything just stopped. "What did you just say?"
"Lillie, you need to know that i would never-"
"You killed Mason?" I croaked.
I had only just spoken to him yesterday. We'd sorted everything out. We're friends. Everything was supposed to be okay.
"Yes."
"Oh my god." My breath's came in, in short pants. And my eyes slowly begin to fill with tears. What was I going to tell Tyler? Or Hollee? How would I be able to face her without blurting it out.
"Why are you so torn up about Mason's death."
I couldn't believe this was happening. After everything that had transpired between us, he had to tell me that. I was right before -he was a murderer.
"Get out." I spat.
Damon's eyes widened slightly. "Lillie-"
"I said, 'Get out,' Damon. Now."
I wasn't sure what Damon was feeling but his eyes were full of anger. He snatched his leather jacket up off of the chair and stormed out of the room. I hurried after him to make sure he left and to lock the door after him.
My grip on the duvet tightened as I jogged down the stairs and just as I reached near the bottom, Damon pulled the front door open only to pause. I was about to question why he wasn't leaving when he opened the door wider and my eyes landed on Jenna, Elena, Jeremy, Matt and Alaric standing there, eyes wide.
That's when realisation hit me. I was standing there only covered by my bedding and Damon was just leaving.
My face burned like never before and my eyes widened. Oh my god.
"Jenna, Alaric." Damon greeted, although not very politely. "I have places to be." And he quickly hurried past although I didn't miss the secret eye conversation exchanged between both Damon and Alaric.
I swallowed thickly as I looked over at Jenna who had paled. "Good to see you home." I said weakly. "Now -er- if you don't mind. I'm just going to go... Upstairs." And without another word hid away in my room.

As soon as I had made it to my bedroom I quickly got showered, washed and dressed. My thoughts consumed by Mason and Damon. No one came to see me after the little incident downstairs. I think they were all a little tramatised. I sure am.
I don't know how i'm ever going to be able to show my face to them again. It was so embarrasing. And the fact that it was Damon of all people didn't help.
Jenna and Elena weren't the biggest fans. Jeremy, I don't really think had much of an opinion and Alaric, I just slept with his best friend...

It had been a few hours since that incident and I was beyond bored. Nothing was entertaining me. The TV was showing some old sitcom that held no interest.
"Hey."
A screech lid past my lips as I jumped from my bed.
I spun around to face the intruder and my body tensed up. "What are you doing here, Damon?"
He sighed and brushed a hand through his hair. "I wanted to talk to you about earlier."
"There's nothing to talk about. I don't want you here."
Damon sighed agitatedly. "You're so stubborn."
I shrugged. "If it gets you to leave, i'll happily continue being that way."
"Can you just listen to me for one second?!"
"No," I snapped. "Because whatever you're about to say is going to be a load of crap! 'I did what I had to do.' 'Mason was the bad guy.' You just don't know how to take the blame over you're own actions. Because this has nothing to do with anyone but you."
"You're going to shut the hell up and listen to what I have to say." Damon growled.
And I actually took a step back in surprise. My eyes widened and I watched him carefully.
When Damon saw that I wasn't going to say anymore. He advanced towards me until he had me pressed up against the wall with no way out and away from him.
His eyes weren't the same calming blue they were just a few hours ago, no, instead that were stormy and angry. I don't know what he has to be angry about. I didn't kill his ex.
Damon's hands moved to cup my face before sliding down to my neck. His fingers fumbled around at the back of my neck and then the panicked realisation hit me. My vervain necklace!
But I had no time to react before my eyes were locked with him.
"I wish I didn't have to do this to you again, but I can't have you being mad at me for something I did for you and your family." Damon cocked his head ot the side and his clenched his jaw tightly together. "I'm sorry." He whispered. "But this needs to be done." He took a deep breath. "You won't remember anything I said to you after my call with Stefan, just that we were both happy together and were having fun."
"I won't remember anything. We were just having fun." I repeated monotoniously.
Damon stepped back away from me and I seemed to snap out of whatever it was. I watched Damon curiously with a smile. But something was off. "Are you okay?"
He seemed out of it, as if he wasn't really here. "Hmm?"
I stepped closer and placed a palm to his cheek, turning his face to look at me. "Are you alright?"
"Fine." He replied with a tense grin. "Nothing to worry about. Here," He held his hand out, my necklace in the palm of his hand. I looked up at him questioningly. "I think it must have falled off last night. I found it under the pillow."
That made sense. "Thank you." But just as I reached for it, Damon pulled it back.
"Turn around."
I did just that and he brushed my hair away from my neck. It wasn't long before the cold chain touched down at the base of my throat. I expected Damon to move away once it was placed but instead I felt his lips brush against the skin of my neck, lightly.
I sighed softly and leant back into him. "I need to go." He mumbled.
"Can't you stay awhile longer?"
"Stefan needs me. It's important." Damon answered. Placing one more kiss to the exposed skin and pulling away.
"Fine. I suppose I can deal with being bor-"
"Lillie! Hollee's here for you. And she's bought gifts!" Jenna called up the stairs inturrupting me. Gifts? From Hollee? That was a frightening thought.
"Won't be so bored now." Damon said, smirking.
I shoved him. "Shut-up."
He leant down and pressed his lips to mine in a kiss and just as I let my eyes flutter closed he pulled away and was gone.
"Lillie!" Jenna called again.
"Send her up!" I shouted. I glanced once more at my open window and then waited patiently for Hollee.