Chapter Sixty-Nine

So, it turns out the place that Klaus really wanted to go to was Chicago. Not that i'm complaining, actually it's the complete opposite. Klaus was different now, After he was forced to kill Ray and his pack something changed in him - he's not as uptight. I'm no longer being forced to wear a metaphorical leash. I have been granted freedom. . . To an extent anyway. It took a while to get to Chicago and on the short breaks we took between driving, I was allowed to wander off - not that I didn't before, but at least this time I don't arrive back to a boring lecture. And FYI, he uses the same one each time. Eventually I just leant to block him out. It was surprisingly easy and I noticed Stefan beginning to do the same. Unfortunately, he was using it on me too. Now there goes my entertainment. Since we slept together yesterday, he's been avoiding me and I blame Damon. If he didn't have to follow us like a fucking lost dog then Stefan would still be fun. . . ish. I don't think I'll ever be able to convince him to let it all go but he was beginning to give in. He was feeding more freely, there was no more guilt. Or I guess there was some, I'm just choosing it ignore it, It's a pointless thing for him to feel. It's not going to change anything, those people are still going to be dead. But before Damon, I knew that Stefan was all mine to play with and now not quite so much. He's kinda just been avoiding me, Choosing to make conversation with Klaus, sitting in the front, laughing like old friends. It was annoying and i was gradually growing bored again.

"So, i'm hungry." I announce. I poked my head between the two front seat and grinned at the two guys. "can we stop?"

"We're nearly there, Lillie can you wait?" Klaus didn't even take his eyes off the road.

"Probably," I shrugged. "But I'm pretty sure I'd just annoy you to death first."

Klaus rolled his eyes and then ignored me, but it was only a moment later before he was pulling up to a gas station. "I need a refill anyway. Stefan go with her."

I got out the car, slamming the door 'accidentally' and walked casually into the building. It was nearly empty and that put a dampen on my mood. Less food.

"How're you feeling, Stefan? Gonna join me for bite?" My lips curved and I raked over the place debating who to take as mine. The small, skinny, cashier? Doesn't look very appetizing nor would she be filling. The drunk scanning the shelves of booze? Now that's more like it. I let my eyes stop on him and I watched him as he stumbled his way down the aisle to the cash counter. "C'mon, Stef, even if you're not that hungry, I'm sure the little brunette would fill a hole." I knew I was getting somewhere, his eyes had locked with the petite brunette cashier and it was only time until he pounced.

I patted his shoulder as I past him. "Go get 'em," And then I sauntered my way to the counter, moving to stand beside the guy. I ignored the cashier as she priced up his item. "Hey," I rested a hand on his arm. He turned to look at me and instantly a sleazy grin lit up his features. His lips were chapped, disgustingly so and his eyes were the colour of dirty dishwater, such a lifeless grey - I guess in a minute it won't matter.

"Hey," His lips exposed his unbrushed teeth and something in me snapped.

"Sorry, I have standards when it comes to food." And then I snapped his neck effortlessly. His body crumpled.

I stared down at him slightly put out, if he wasn't so repulsive he would have definitely filled me up. "Such a shame." I muttered.

"Oh my god-" a voice spoke before trailing off muffled. I looked over and Stefan had his hand over a short middle aged woman.

"Go on Stefan," I goaded. "You know you want too."

And he did. He pulled his hand away just to sink his fangs into her flesh. I giggled and clapped. The urge to say 'good boy' on the tip of my tongue.