Chapter Seventy-Two

The bed moved beneath me and extra sheets were suddenly thrown over. "You're getting up?" I mumbled.

"Elena's here," Stefan replied.

I rolled over to look at him and he'd just pulled on his boxers. "So, all she's going to do is complain."

"I'm supposed to be watching her."

I held the sheet to my chest and sat up. "So?"

"Klaus compelled me to watch her."

"The compulsion can't be that strong if you spent the night here with me instead." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Damon's here too."

My jaw clenched. "And?"

"You're angry at him," He noted.

"I'm just angry overall - they tried to kill us, in case, ya know, you forgot."

Stefan sat on the bed and grabbed his jeans from the ground. "I didn't forget. I Just can't really do anything about it."

I watched him slide on his jeans and then stood up again, snatching his discarded shirt from the end of the bed. "You should get up."

"No," I fell back and pulled the covers over my face."

"It's my bed Lillie and I want you out of it."

"What happened to you being kind to me yesterday?" I questioned, peeking from beneath the covers.

"Today's not yesterday." He said.

I frowned. "I prefered you with emotions."

"Everyone here's been saying the same about you."

I wrapped the sheet around my body and got out of bed. "Fine. Be that way." I headed to the door.

"Where are you going?" Stefan called after me.

"You don't want me here, I'm not going to hang around, Stefan. See ya later. Or not." Just as I touched the doorknob, I was suddenly spun around and slammed against the door.

"You need to get dressed." Stefan muttered.

I moved my hands to his chest and fiddled with his opened shirt. "You need to finish getting dressed."

"I'm being serious, Lillie. Everyone is here, you can't go out looking like this."

I glanced down and then back up. "What's wrong with it Stefan? I'm covered more than I was last night." I smiled slyly.

"Don't push me," He growled.

"Bite me Stefan." I retorted.

"Really, don't tempt me."

I rolled my eyes. "I wasn't going down to everyone dressed like this," I finally said. "I was going to Damon's room instead. Maybe he'd be more welcoming then you were."

Stefan aggressively released. "Doubt it. He did snap you neck after all."

"I remember. I always have liked it rough though." I smirked and reached out and yanked Stefan to me by his shirt. "And you happen to be the roughest." I connected our lips together for a brief moment before shoving him back and disappearing out the door.

"Hey!" He shouted after me."

"Your loss." I called back.

~

"So, Damon," I said, walking into the living room. Elena, Ric, Bonnie, Caroline and Damon sat on the sofa. All eyes turned to me. "Where are the clothes I left here?"