Chapter Fifty-Two

"Why are we at the Boarding house when neither brother's in?" I got out the car with Elena. 

    "Because I'm not here for them." She said. 

    I watched my sister for a moment as I kept pace beside her, something in her had changed since last night. When I woke this morning, Elena was gone, no trace that she'd even stayed with me, she'd even made her side of the bed, and she'd been acting all morning as if last night had never happened. But something had definitely changed within her. She was determined. But I couldn't quite figure why, or what she was planning on doing. 

    Elena didn't bother knocking as she walked into the house and I didn't feel bad about following behind because the amount of times Damon's wondered in to our house unannounced. 

    "Hello?" Elena called.

    Who is she hoping to find?

    "Elena?" Hollee's undeniable British accent flowed through from the parlour. And a mass of blonde curls poked around the corner. "Lillie."

    "What are you doing here?" I asked.

    "Looking for you," She tugged a black bag forward. "And collecting my weapons I left here."

    "Hollee have you seen Rose?" Elena moved to my side. Hollee glanced at her and glowered. "Yes. She's upstairs getting dress. She'll be down soo-"

    "Elena? Lillie?" 

    Hollee sighed. "Or now."

    I didn't spare Rose so much as a glance, instead my eyes focused on the other pink bag in Hollee's grip.

    "Here," Hollee passed me the bag I was eyeing. 

    I took it cautiously. I knew what Hollee was like and I didn't like being handed things from her. She wasn't to be trusted. "What is it?" I unzipped it and peaked inside. Oh no. This is not happened. "No." I said instantly, shoving it at her. 

    She shook her head and didn't touch it. "Why? It's cute." 

    "It's a dress." I said blankly. 

    "Yes, and your problem?" 

    "It's a dress."

    "Wear it. Please. It'll look cute."

    I shook my head. "No."

    "Why not?"

    "It's a dress." I repeated for the third time.

    "I know that. But, come on. I haven't been able to dress you properly for ages."

    "You dressed me the other night." I pointed out.

    "That was different."

    "No it's not."

    Elena huffed. "Can you two stop arguing. I have things to do."

    I rolled my eyes but ignored her... So did Hollee. "If you put it on and wear it, I'll buy you some chips at the grill."

    "Fries." I corrected.

    "Fries," Hollee's said through gritted teeth. I knew how much she hated being corrected. 

    "Sorry that won't do."

    "I'll buy them whenever you wanted for a week?"

    Tempting. Very tempting. "No. Not even with that."

    "A month." She added quickly. 

    I had to think about that. Could I really give up an endless supply of fries just to wear my own clothes. "Okay, fine." I said reluctantly. "Deal." Fries just mean far too much to me and she knew that. "But i'm not happy about it."