Then I spent my time at the clubs in the WSL, watching players I knew that I would like to call up, getting to know their style of play, techniques etc.

It's been a long process but extremely rewarding".

Reshmin: "Now regarding your coaching team and backroad staff, I believe yourself and the FA have an announcement to make on your assistant manager; am I correct?".

Phil: "Indeed you are. I'm happy to announce that Ana Fraiser of Liverpool FC Women will be my assistant".

Reshmin: "Before we bring her out Phil, what was the main reason for picking Ana?".

Phil: "Ana has worked with both big names in both the men's and women's game and has gained valuable experience and knowledge from working with the best. She understands the women's game and what my players will need to help them perform to their best".

Reshmin: "Well then without further ado, please welcome Ana Fraiser".

*

Following the announcements, Ana and Phil moved to working their way through the media, answering any questions they might have; press officer present beside them.

Jo Currie (BBC Sport): "Congratulations to you both and we'll start with you Ana. How does it feel to be appointed assistant manager to Phil Neville?".

Ana: "Thank you. I'm thrilled to have been asked by Phil and the FA to do this job, I'm looking forward to the challenges working on the world stage brings".

Jo Currie: "You've previously worked for big Premier League names such as Huddersfield Town and WSL's Liverpool FC Women. How do you think your experiences in club football will help your career as an international coach?".

Ana: "I would like to think I have picked up some valuable experience, knowledge and understanding of the game".

Ana smiles nervously at the camera and Phil laughs along with her.

Ana: "Club football is very different to an international coaching job but hopefully my knowledge of players in the WSL and leagues further afield, will help us keep up to date with our opponents and build the best game plans we can for those teams".

Jo Currie: "Phil how much are you looking forward to getting started, especially with someone so talented and in the know about the women's game?".

Phil: "I can't wait. Ana has already been a great help when we've been to some of the matches, pointing players out to me who we would like to call up and who we should think about keeping an eye on. It's all in your preparation and we want to be as prepared as possible going into picking our first squad and our first tournament with the She Believes Cup".

Jo Currie: "Thank you both very much for your time and congratulations again".

Ana: "Thank you".

Phil: "Thanks Jo".

With the BBC Sport interview their last of the day, the pair retreat to Phil's new office at SGP to take in everything that happened that afternoon.