When We Were Young - Chapter 4

"Lisa," Jisoo whined. "I don't want to go out to some party tonight. It's Friday. I want to watch Netflix and not do anything."

"But it's not just some party. It's Chaeyoung's and mine first bachelorette party. We celebrate this one together and then we have our own ones later on," Lisa explained. It was really just another excuse to throw a party. Nothing about their wedding has been set yet.

"You don't even have a wedding day set," Jisoo argued.

Lisa hummed and squinted her eyes for a moment, thinking. "Next year in July. There, date set. Please come. You know Jennie won't go if you don't. And I really want all of us out there again. Even Xiumin, Sehun, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo will be there."

Jennie and June have been officially back for two months and Jisoo and Jennie were still in an awkward stage of their newly blossomed friendship. They met up a couple of times for coffee and Jennie and June came over once for a Sunday dinner. Maybe it was the knowledge of each other that they possessed that made it awkward to transition from ex-girlfriends to friends again.

"I don't have anything to wear," Jisoo weakly argued.

Lisa stood up from Jisoo's bed and walked towards the closet. She pointed towards the dresses. "Are you serious?"

"Okay, which one then?" Jisoo asked. She knew there was no way she could avoid the party now. "And I'm not making the toast."

Lisa laughed. "Don't worry, you'll only need to make one at the wedding." She went through the closet and pulled out a red dress. "There. And wear those hot black stilettos you have hidden in the back of the closet."

"I hate you," Jisoo grumbled.

Lisa grinned. "You love me. Look, I have to go home and change but be ready in like thirty minutes. I'll get an uber so we won't have to drive. Jennie said she's driving though."

"Okay," Jisoo agreed. "Now go. So I can get dressed."

Lisa rolled her eyes. "I'll lock the door with my key."

Jisoo and Lisa used to live together before not even a year in Chaeyoung asked Lisa to move in with her and Jisoo was left alone. She didn't mind though. Her and Lisa head-butted way too many times in the beginning, before Lisa learned not to leave the empty carton of milk in the fridge and Jisoo didn't leave open paint in the middle of the living room that Lisa accidentally stumbled in too many times.

Jisoo took a quick shower and made sure to shave. She had no expectations for the night but she really didn't want to sleep with someone and hear complaints about her leg hair or pubic hair. Either way, it's been way too long, and she was in need of a wild night.

She got dressed and put on the heels. She loved her boots with a slight heel because it gave her some extra height, but she wasn't really a fan of heels. They made her feet ache and she was never able to fully relax.

Exactly half an hour after Lisa left her phone started ringing. Jisoo grabbed her purse and answered. "Yeah, Lis?"

"We're waiting for you," Lisa said and hung up.

Jisoo locked the door of her apartment and immediately noticed Lisa waving at her through an open car window. She laughed and opened the door, pushing Lisa on the other side of the car. "Hey. You cleaned up nice. Where's Chaeyoung?"

Lisa glanced down at her clothes. She was wearing a red dress that reached mid-thigh. "She took a different uber. Wanted to give me some space before we get hot and heavy in the club and later in the bedroom." She added a wink for a good measure.

Jisoo scrunched her face. "You're gross."

"You're just jealous."

"I kind of am," Jisoo admitted. "The last time I slept with someone was that girl that turned out to be into BDSM and it kind of freaked me out after she tied me to bed."