Can I See You? - Chapter 1

It was lunch time for students of Hamilton County High School in Florida. Jisoo was not particularity happy when she realized her best friend had a meeting with her softball team. Jennie was one of the best players in the school's girl varsity softball team. She also participated in basketball games and occasionally agreed to varsity track and field. Jisoo had quite a few friends in high school so she knew she wasn't going to eat alone. Her friend Lisa was already approaching her table. Irene was a part of the softball team as well.

"Hi," Lisa said cheerfully and loudly placed her tray down next to Jisoo's. "Ew, you're drinking milk with your fried chicken?"

Jisoo shrugged. "It's good, don't judge. You eat bread with rice."

Lisa grinned and shoved a spoonful of rice in her mouth. She swallowed quickly and then smiled widely at someone that was sitting behind Jisoo.

"Who are you smiling at?" Jisoo asked, trying to turn around.

Lisa quickly turned her back. "Don't be so obvious," she hissed quietly. "And it's Chaeyoung."

Jisoo wrinkled her nose in confusion. "Chaeyoung? The same Chaeyoung that's a senior and wears a ridiculous amount of make up? That Chaeyoung?"

"Yes," Lisa said and rolled her eyes. "And I don't understand why you're so judgmental about Chaeyoung."

"What did you do Manoban?" Jisoo asked, her mouth opened widely in shock. Something must have happened between Lisa and Chaeyoung because just a month ago Lisa would never defend her like this. "I swear if you don't spill it out I will make you say it in front of Jennie and Irene," she threatened. Jisoo knew that Lisa knew she would end up telling them anyway. Jennie was her best friend and Irene was her second best friend - sharing the spot with Lisa.

Lisa took a deep breath and ducked her head lower so Chaeyoung couldn't see her over Jisoo's shoulder. "You know that party that Suho invited us last weekend? Well, you and Jennie couldn't come because you were spending the weekend on a trip with your families but Irene and I went because we were curious and Suho wouldn't let us get completely wasted or let someone hurt us. Anyway, we got there pretty late because Irene couldn't decide whether she wanted to wear black jeans or a black dress and when we arrived it wasn't Suho who let us in the apartment. It was Chaeyoung. She's a friend of Bogum. Irene went in and mingled and I stayed behind for a while. She offered me a drink and I took it and then they started playing Pussycat dolls and you know I have to dance to that. So I dragged Chaeyoung closer to the speakers and one thing led to another and then we were kissing."

"What?" Jisoo yelled out loudly, causing a lot of heads to turn towards their table.

Lisa rubbed her forehead and pretended not to notice. "If you scream this hard at a kiss you're going to have a heart attack by what happened next."

"You had sex with her? Your first time was with Chaeyoung, the terrifying eyeliner girl?" Jisoo was a little surprised but also felt like Lisa was lying. It wouldn't be the first time Lisa made up an epic story just to laugh and say 'gotcha'.

But Lisa simply nodded. "She's not scary. And she was nice. And her body is to die for."

Jisoo took a moment to process the information. "So your first time was with a girl?"

"You're not like suddenly homophobic are you? I thought you were bi," Lisa said, knitting her eyebrows and tilting her head to the side.

"I'm not," Jisoo defended. "I'm definitely not homophobic. Just surprised. What was it like?" She felt her cheeks flush the second that question left her mouth. And judging by Lisa's smirk it was pretty noticeable.