Can I See You? - Chapter 11

It has been fifteen days since Jennie and Irene left for camp. Fifteen days of heavy sighs and mopey faces that everyone around Jisoo had to endure. And Dara swore if she had to hear Jisoo sigh one more time she would go insane.

"Honey, didn't Lisa return from Thailand? You should call her and you can meet up," Dara advised while preparing dinner.

Jisoo was sitting on a bar stool behind their breakfast bar, spinning a banana in her hands. "I guess."

"Are you girls fighting?" Dara asked carefully. She knew how teenagers were. Best friends one day, enemies the next day, then best friends again. Although Jisoo was never one to pick up fights. She was only mad at Jennie once, when they were camping in the backyard and Jennie disappeared in the middle of the night and when Jisoo went to look for her, she scared her by jumping down the tree. They didn't speak for two days. But she has never argued with Lisa or Irene for more than a few hours. "Honey, what's bothering you?"

"It's not about Lisa," Jisoo confessed. "We've been texting about meeting up, just haven't found the right time. You know she's helping her uncle in the garage."

Dara stopped stirring the sauce. "If it's not Lisa then who is it? You seemed fine before Jennie and Irene left, so it can't be them. Is it one of the boys?"

Jisoo sighed again. "It's Jennie."

"Jennie? But Jennie spent the night before camping trip. And you two hugged before she left," Dara said, trying to understand what exactly was bothering Jisoo so much that she couldn't stop sighing.

"We're not fighting," Jisoo said. "I'm not fighting with anyone. I don't know why you would think that."

Dara quietly laughed to herself. "Because you look like someone offended you or hurt you. I'm just trying to help you."

Jisoo drummed her fingers against the top of the breakfast bar. "It's not because we'd be angry with each other. I miss her," she admitted quietly.

"Jennie?" Dara asked, turning around to look at Jisoo, who only nodded. "Oh, honey, she'll be back in five days. You know they're probably really busy at the camp. I know you've contacted each other."

"I miss her because she's my girlfriend," Jisoo finally blurted out, feeling like the weight of the world was lifted off her shoulders as she finally revealed her secret to her mom. She had no idea how Dara would react though. Jisoo never really talked about being bi and she only invited Jinyoung over once before they broke up.

Dara was quiet for a while until she turned off the stove and turned around to completely face her daughter. "You and Jennie are... dating?"

Jisoo nodded. "It's new, really. And we've only went on one date so far. We went on a picnic at the springs, where we used to hang out. I didn't want to tell you because it felt too soon."

"And you are sure that she feels the same way?" Dara asked. She has grown to love the interactions Jisoo and Jennie had over the years. How they grew from small, little girls to strong, stubborn teenagers they now were. And she also knew that if anyone had the power to break Jisoo's heart it was Jennie.

"I do," Jisoo said and grinned goofily, remembering the kisses she shared with Jennie and how tight they held each other before Jennie had to leave. "Are you okay? With me and Jennie dating?"

Dara smiled, leaning over to cup Jisoo's cheeks. "Of course I'm okay." She kissed Jisoo's forehead and pulled away. "But we're going to need to set some rules now. You two have always been close and I know that I can't just force you to stop having sleepovers, but you're also young and hormonal."