Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

"WHAT?!?!?!?!!?"

The pounding against his back got more intense but he still smiled at Yang. "We'll go ahead."

Her brother even opened the gates for them so they could directly head to his car. "Take care" he told them "I'll tell Papa and Mama when they arrive later."

DiDi put her down the ground but locked her arms in a stronghold as he opened his car door. "Do I need to tie you up and put tape on your lips for the both of us to have a peaceful car ride?"

"And then what? You'll thrown my dead body in a ditch?"

He did not answer her and motioned for her to walk towards the passenger seat instead, looking at her pointedly. It was the kind of look anyone who ever tried to negotiate with him in a boardroom knew. The look he gave when he wanted someone to do as he wanted.

Yue did not flinch under it though. She even tried to go back inside the house, but his body barred her.

"Believe me, Ms. Shen, this is not the point where you want to push back."

She stared at him menacingly after this statement.

If he could raise his brow any higher to further push his point, he would have. However, the poison in his voice seems to be the clincher because despite the steel in her neck and the fire in her eyes, she finally slid down the passenger seat.

He closed the car door and headed for the driver's seat.

Gritting his teeth in exasperation, he told her to put her seatbelt on.

"Where are we going? I haven't even brushed my teeth."

"You'll see" he answered and drove towards Beijing's Chaoyang District.

Talking to her is always a tug of war. But so far, DiDi has only lost once.

He will make sure that was the first and last time.

Yue was dumbfounded.

He had taken the author to an exclusive beauty center in Central Park.

"What are we doing here?!" she looked back at him as she exited the car.

"You are the one who has something to do here" DiDi answered as he took out two bags from his trunk "Let's go!"

A beautiful receptionist welcomed them. "Hello Mr. Wang. It's good to see you Sir."

"Hi. I made an appointment for today. Is Vikas here?"

"I will advise him that you arrived, Sir. Please take a seat."

Yue looked around, feeling out of place, he could tell.

If she had not made it so difficult for him, she would have been able to arrive her looking a little more dignified. He let her observe the place as they waited.

Vikas Purohit emerged at the lobby after a minute. "Mr. Wang He Di!"

"Vikas!" He stood up and shook his hand "This is Shen Yue."

Yue shook the man's hand as well. She seemed fascinated by him and DiDi knows full well the effect Vikas' handsome face have on women. Indian, Vikas looks like a Sheikh out of a romance novel. Even Zi Wei goes weak on her knees with his face.

"It's nice to meet you Ms. Shen."

From where DiDi stood, he could already see Vikas looking at Yue from head-to-toe and considering what he could do for her.

"We are going to an engagement dinner later. Her ex-boyfriend's getting engaged. We're happy for him, of course, that is why I want her to look her best. I can leave her to you right?"

A smirk. "Of course, Sir. We'll make sure she looks like a goddess later."

"Great!" He pointed at the bags he had taken from his trunk "Here is the dress she will change into and everything else you might need. If I missed anything, please let me know and I will take it here when I return."

"Sure, Mr. Wang. We will take care of her" He motioned for his assistants to take the bags. "Let's go Ms. Shen?"

The woman looked lightning-struck. "Ahhh... uhmmmm... Vikas, could I... talk to Mr. Wa – DiDi before we go?"

"Of course, Madame. I will go ahead and Hana will assist you when you are ready."

As soon as Vikas was out of their sight, Yue turned to him with fire in her eyes. "WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!?!"

"I'm just making sure you do not look like a sad mess at the engagement dinner later."

"WHAT?!?!"

"I think you need to go to an ENT Doctor. You keep asking me to repeat what I say."

"WANG HE DI!"

If her eyes could shoot daggers, they would be doing so now, DiDi felt sure.

"You are not scaring me at all" he told her "Anyway, I brought you here because I do not want you arriving at the engagement dinner looking like a dejected loser."

Her eyes widened. "Dejected loser?"

"You really need to see a doctor and buy a hearing aid."

Yue shoved him "I AM NOT A DEJECTED LOSER!"

"Then go inside and make sure you don't look it!"

"Wha – Why are you doing this?!? What will you benefit from this?" She looked at him curiously "Isn't that what you want? That I lose?"

"That you lose against me" DiDi clarified "Not against anyone else."

Her brows furrowed. "Your methods are confusing."

"Then, good. It doesn't bode well for my business if my enemies can easily understand me."

He turned his back against her and walked out the building.