You've Made Me Lose My Mind

"If heartache was a physical pain I could face it, I could face it.

But you're hurting me from inside of my head I can't take it, I can't take it.

I'm gonna Lose My Mind." 

The familiar lyrics run through my skull as I watch my two best friends walk to the gate. No tears come, seeing as I mustered up all of them over Nathan. Nathan, the sound of his name makes my stomach still do a flip. His name still makes my already broken heart race, making the pain even less bearable. The pressure of lips being pressed to my temple kicks me out of my thoughts. I shift my tired eyes to see a pair staring back at me. At first my mind races to him, almost hoping he'd come to explain himself. He didn't an those green eyes looking at me now start to change to hazel, giving away the persons identity.

"Rebbeca we should go now so you can pack? Are you sure about this?"

Words don't form as I see Sam and Lauren in the security line. My heart tightens again, seeing them leave is so hard after all that we've been through. Finally my brain and mouth work together in harmony, not to answer Max but to yell across the airport.

"SAM! LAUREN! WAIT!"

Ripping through Max's firm grasp, I push through the people ahead of me. The sea of people seems to grow thicker as my friends also start pushing thier way towards me. Distant words are thrown about but, I don't listen. Having one thing set on my mind, I continue through the crowd, knocking everyone in my path out of the way. 

After what seems to be a life time of fighting tooth an nail with the people around me, I finally make it to them. Sweat glistens on their foreheads, while their erratic breathing is mixed with laughing. I find myself laughing along with them, though it pains me to do so.

"Soooo, missed me that much already? Well I knew you would, I mean who doesn't want all this?"

"Oh shuddup Sam! What's up love? I know that look, they're something evil going on in there."

My flat lips suddenly rise into a smirk, while I pull them closer to me. I mentally face palm for not thinking of this before. The perfect solution for all of my problems right here, with these too. I mean yeah, they'd have to leave their families and love ones. But we all planned this, and now we have the opportunity to do it with each other. Seeing as we're already here.

"How would ya'll like moving to Manchester with me?"

************************************************************************************************************

4 Hours Earlier

************************************************************************************************************

When you love someone so much, having them hurt you is the worst pain. Worst then that first cut you got when you were six. Worse then that broken arm in the fifth grade, even though you thought it was cool after the fact. Worse then losing a family member to a freak accident, like drunk driving. When someone you love, rips you heart into two pieces, all the while not caring about the pain you're going through. Now that's the worst pain there is, no matter what you've been through. 

A slight knock on the door pulls my attention away from Jay's tear stained shirt an to the large door ahead of me. The lean muscles in Jays arm tenses as he begins to lift himself up an away from me. Without warning to either of us, I pull him back down. This gets a flirtatious smirk out of Jay which in turn causes me to give an eye roll. Without laughing at his perfect boyish charm, I force myself away from him. Grabbing the towel with one hand an lifting with the other I look back at the man laying in my bed.  The look given by Jay shows the concern on his face as a sigh falls from my mouth while I walk over to the dresser.