Girls Day

I stare into his green eyes, tears still threateing to fall from my own. I manage to tear my gaze away to look at the others. Their all dressed up in beautiful suits, looking so amazing, clean cut and dapper. I hear an annoyed throat being cleared behind me. I snap my head to the person who would ruin such a great moment. Logan.

Logan: "Um Nathan, what are you doing here telling my girlfriend you love her?"

I see the absolute seriousness in his face, nothing giving a hint that he's lying at all. 'Oh shit'. I turn my attention back to Nathan who just glares at Logan. I start to shift uncomfortably in my seat, knowing something is about to happen.

Nathan: "Do you even know anything about her? This is just a publicity stunt for you Logan, and don't say it isn't. I've seen the American magazines with you an some other girl kissing and holding hands. Don't play Rebbeca like that."

Those words make me wince, cutting deep into my soul as he says them. 'Was I the one really being played the whole time?' I try to not look at Logan, my mind and body having a full out war as to who will win. My body beats mind, turning me in my seat to look at the blue eyed boy.

Logan forces his eyes to meet mine, sadness filling them. I feel my mouth part slowly, even though everything was fake, he played me the whole time. He used me as a publicity stunt, used me to make the guys look bad. I stand up, clentching my small hands into fists.

Me: "Logan, are you serious? You played me the entire time? And I thought I was in the wrong."

My head starts spinning. I hear camera clicks, see the flashes but can't stop myself. I bend down, picking up my shoes from underneath the table. I move backwards so I don't hit my head on the way back up. Once back in the standing position I look back at Logan.

Me: "Logan Lerman, you are a slime ball. I hope you have a great life, without me being in it at all. Emma it was wonderful to meet you."

I turn on my heel, brushing right past Nathan an everyone else. I feel their gazes on the back of my neck, revealing my tattoo for everyone to see. I could care less, I stomp out of the ball room. I quickly move my head back an forth trying to figure out which way is the exit.

I charge to the right, knowing that soon I would be getting followed. I push past all of the beautiful people, celebrities of all kinds. Musicians, actresses, actors, directors, all of them. I push and push until I'm finally at the revolving doors. I breathe heavily, realizing how tight the dress is on my upper half. I shake the thought from my mind, and push through the doors. I arrive on the other side quickly, an start speed walking my way down the side walk.

I feel the water fall before the thunder roars. I stop in my tracks, shaking from the freezing rain, and bone chilling wind. I move my head skyward, waiting for more drops to fall from the heavens. I start crying, the rain hiding the tears. I release a pent up scream as I slowly start falling to the ground.

My scream is covered by the roaring thunder. A chill starts to seep into my bones as my knees finally hit pavement. The impact is cushioned thanks to the dress. The rain gets colder, and the wind more fierce as I kneel there in middle of the side walk.

I hang my head, letting the rain soak my hair thoroughly. I hear the splashing of footsteps, the water making little noise against the thunder. The footsteps move past me, then turn to make a final rest in front of me. The figure bends down, moving a stay piece of my hair. I look up through hooded lids to see the one person who can make me happy.

Me: "You do realize it's raining right?"

This gets a chuckle out of both us, the wind blocking out any other noises. He stands up in front of me, putting his hands out in front of him for me to grab. I grab his hands, mine warming up instantly. He pulls me up with almost no effort, pulling me into him to warm me up. Once he speaks I get more chills making him hold me closer.