Rumors

Nathan: "See I told you"

I slam the door behind me as I storm out of the room. I keep rethinking about everything that little bastard said about me. Calling me a "Spoiled little princess." 

Me: "How dare he? Calling me a spoiled princess? When I defended his ass." I grumble angrily as I make my way down a hall way and realize I'm lost. I look up and down the desolate hall and start to panic until I hear a very familiar voice.

Jay: "REBBECA! There you are, I followed you out right after. Are you alright? Nathan had no need to say that." He rushes over quickly and pulls me into a hug. I get surprised at first and finally grab him back to hold him closely. I take in his familiar scent and try to hold on to this moment for as long as possible. I again count his heart beat. 'One. Two. Three.' I count to 45 and finally release him. I pull away and look into his blue eyes and am about to speak when he speaks first.

Jay: "Come on, lets go for a walk." When the smile stretches across his face I immediately have one on mine too. He slowly goes to grab my hand, and I move it towards him so it's easier to grab. His warm hand engulfs mine and is huge compared to mine.

I quickly glance down and see the differences in our skin color. My complexion is the color of honey, a light golden brown; Jay's complexion is of milk, white and silky. I slowly take my thumb and start making circles on the back of his hand as he firmly locks his fingers with mine. He starts pulling me back down the desolate hallway to the exit.

*****************************************************************************************************************

Nathans POV

Max: "NATHAN YOU WANKER!!! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?"

I look at Tom and Siva holding Max back. I then quickly glance at big Kevin who is talking to the announcer telling them that we needed to cancel. Everything seems like such a blur.

I watch Max as he tries to make his way to me. Pushing, pulling and climbing. Trying every way to get past the two man barricade that stands in front of me. 

Tom: "Nathan are you even listening to me?"

Me: "Huh?" I quickly snap my attention towards Tom who has left Siva to take Max out of the room. I look at Tom and can see the hurt in his eyes. 'What did I do to him?'

Tom: "Honestly Nath, I don't know what your problem is. Last night you seemed fine with her and now you act like she's the worse person in the world. You know what your problem is?" 

I quickly shake my head. 'What is my problem? Last night was great with her using me as a pillow and me using her as a blanket.' I think back to the memory and almost smile before I realize that Tom would think I'm smirking at him.

Tom: "Your problem must be your ego. You can't see over your fame... OUR fame! This isn't always about you Nathan." With that he storms out of the room leaving me and the announcer in the studio in an awkward silence. 

'Is he right? Is that why I'm treating her like that, because of my ego?' I slowly close my eyes and try to steady my breathing. As I concentrate on my breathing I hear the announcer clear his voice and start talking.

Announcer: "Well that's all we have time for today. Keep listening and we'll play your favorite hits here."

I continue to sit in the chair and think over the events. 'It has to be my ego, there'd be no other reason for me to act like that to anyone.' I close my eyes tighter and my heart rate starts to increase slowly. I start breathing harder until I realize why I did what I did. 'Oh damn...'