Story info

Love. Love can make us do wonders, win wars and kill people. Love gives us tremendous power but takes away our judgement skills. No right, no wrong, as long as there's someone loving us, appreciating us and caring for us. We all have demons inside us, powerful, merciless demons that feed on love, not fear. The horror movies always got them wrong.

This story is about those demons, the clouds hovering inside us, waiting for a pore to leak out from. This story is about desperation that slowly crawls inside our minds and scratches at the butterfly feeling in our stomach. This story is the measure of love and its relationship with sanity. (spoiler) They don't have a good relationship.

Please read:
Thank you for giving this book a chance. There are a few things I'd like you do pay attention to-

1) The dates: They play a huge role. The story is set in 2019, but travels to 2018 and rarely 2017. It is all important.

2) The POVs a.k.a. point of views: The story is told for first person POV of four main characters- dead, drunk, guilty and outsider.

3) My book is a thriller and when something seems impossible to actually happen, sit and think people like Joker actually exist in our society. No, my characters aren't that legendary but they're bad, messed up and sometimes show lines of pain. Their justification is not something I necessarily have to agree to.

4) I suck at writing humour. There, I said it.

5) The book is long and there's a lot happening. If you cannot digest psychos, alcoholic and drug induced behaviour, this is NOT for you.

6) An important point: People of opposite sex can have platonic love for each other.

7) Story Location: Punjab, India

8) The quotes at the beginning of chapters may foreshadow, describe character's feelings or could be me, as author, sharing my experience.

First draft

Started: 24 April 2020
Ended: 27 June 2020
Published on Wattpad: 27 June 2020
Word Count: 120,000-130,000 words

First editted draft
Started: 28 July 2020
Ended: 17 August 2020