-Maybe we could hit the gym, and then you could drop me off at the airport?

-Sounds like a plan.

I spent the rest of the day packing, playing my new instruments, and hiding. It was a miracle I had my own bathroom.

Once the sun had finally set, I became brave enough to leave once again. I slung my duffle bag over my shoulder, and held my purse in the same hand. After another deep breath, I pushed myself out of the safety of my room. In the split-second it took for my foot to touch the carpet of the living room, and for me to realize Len was sitting on the couch, watching TV, I had the weirdest concern for my new things. I would I could lock my door, I thought, the picture of Len rummaging through my room making me a bit nervous.

Fight or no fight, he wasn't that kind of person. I hoped.

He shot me a confused look from his spot. "Moving out?"

"I'm going to California."

He thought I was joking, and chuckled. Once he realized I was serious, he crawled off the couch and stood. "Wait, what?"

"Family stuff." My voice was flat. I still didn't feel like speaking to him.

"...How long will you be gone?"

"A week."

"Did you tell Erik about this? I thought that-"

"Yeah, he said it was fine." I shot him a dirty look. "Wanna come to the airport?" I asked sarcastically.

He shook his head like I'd offered to throw him in a shark tank. "Definitely not." He eyed my workout attire. "What are you wearing?"

"Luka and I are going to the gym before my flight."

"The gym?"

"Yup." I kicked my room shut behind me, and walked to the front door. "See you in a week." Maybe you'll stop acting like a dick by then. As much as I wanted to, I didn't tell him that last part.

He didn't say anything as I pushed my way out into the hallway.

Luka was waiting for me on the first floor. Her and Miku were chatting in the entrance room when I nearly fell out of the elevator.

"You alright there?" Miku asked, rushing forward to stop my duffle bag from pulling me to the ground. She was wrapped in a blanket.

"Yeah," I panted. "I'm okay. Just need to put this shit down."

"It'll be weird with you gone," she pulled the blanket over her shoulders tightly.

"Really?" I couldn't help but smile. "I thought you guys would be sick of me by now."

"Psh. Whatever."

"Yeah," Luka crossed her arms. "Who am I supposed to go to the gym with?"

"Go with Miku." I motioned to her.

She almost burst into laughter. "I don't work out."

"Neither do we," I added with a smile.

"Hey, Rin," Miku began as we started for the garage. "What was all the noise this morning?"

"Hm?"

"From your apartment? It sounded like you guys were throwing dishes at each other or something."

I frowned. "You heard that?"

Luka furrowed her brow in confusion.

"We had a fight yesterday after you guys left, and I was just trying to cook breakfast this morning, and he came out of his room all pissed off again." I huffed. "So I kinda... threw a fit putting everything away."