Eight (AP)

I was standing outside of Bailey's door with my phone in my hand, nervously spinning it in between my fingers. 

I reached up and knocked on the door as my watch changed from 7:59 to 8:00, the exact time we had decided on last night. 

I could hear movement from inside the apartment. Bailey had gotten much better at moving around on her crutches and it was impressive to see how fast she was able to go. 

"Hey," Bailey said as she opened the door for me. 

She was in a pair of Nike shorts and a large grey long sleeve t-shirt with her hair up in a messy bun. 

"Hi," I said and stepped inside the bare apartment. "Are you all ready to go?" 

"Yeah," she said and walked into where the kitchen was. I quickly followed after her and noticed her two suitcases standing in the hallway, ready to go. 

"Here," she said and handed me a paper cup. I grabbed it, noticing the smell of coffee, and smiled. 

"Thanks," I said quickly and took a gulp of the burning hot liquid. 

"You're welcome," she said with a smile. 

We leaned against the counter and took small sips of the hot drink.

"How exactly is my stuff getting to your place again," I heard her ask. 

"Well, there's a moving company that came yesterday to get your boxes from my parents' house then they're going to drive it out to LA." 

Bailey nodded, "This is crazy, the amount of stuff you're doing for us." 

I smiled shyly, "It's nothing." 

Bailey shook her head softly, "Not to me." 

I smiled and tried my best not to blush, "It'll be nice having someone to come home to after work." 

"You live alone?" 

Austin nodded, "I used to live with my girlfriend but we broke up and she moved out. Before that I was living with a friend but he got serious with his girl and moved out too." 

Bailey nodded, "I couldn't imagine living alone, being on my own last night was so strange. I'm so used to hearing Carter's snoring through the walls but it was so quiet and I woke up every time I heard any sort of noise."

I chuckled quietly, "Yeah, it's nice knowing someone's there." 

"Sure is," Bailey said. 

She threw her head back and chugged the rest of the contents of her coffee cup before crumpling the cup and shoving it in the backpack that was resting on the kitchen counter. 

"Ready," I asked and stood up straight. 

"As I'll ever be," she said and leaned against the counter to put her backpack on.

"I'll grab your bags if you want to get started on the stairs," I suggested and Bailey nodded. 

I heard the clicking of her crutches fade as I walked to the hallway to get the two purple suitcases. I pulled up the handles and rolled them to the door, shutting it softly behind me.

Picking the two bags up, I carried them down the stairs and met Bailey at the bottom where she was staring at the car in front of us. 

"Come on," I said and urged her forward. 

I handed the driver the bags and climbed in the car after her. 

"So, how does this work since we don't have tickets?"