Twenty-Three

Sorry for the long wait for the update. I fell into a not so great place and am working on getting out of it. 

Until next time <3

*****

"Come on, C," Bailey said as she ruffled her brother's hair, "you've got school tomorrow. It's nearly one in the morning."

Carter just rolled his eyes as he and Austin played x-box. Bailey had been sitting on the blue and white bed as the boys played a first person shooter game on the TV in Austin's room.

"Yeah Carter, you have school tomorrow," Austin said as he shot at the kid in the video game they were playing.

"Stop being such a grandpa, Post," Carter complained as he shot back.

Bailey rolled her eyes at the pair who were both struggling to get the other player out. She lifted the remote up from next to her on the bed and quickly shut off the television.

Carter and Austin groaned in protest and turned back to Bailey with offended looks on their faces.

She just laughed and set the remote down, "It autosaves so quit complaining and go get ready for bed."

Carter sighed and pushed himself off the floor.

"Woah, is it actually past midnight," Carter asked as he stood to his feet and stretched.

Bailey nodded, "That's what I've been trying to tell you for the last thirty minutes."

Carter just laughed as he walked out of the room. Austin turned around from his seat on the floor and looked up at the blonde. 

Her hair was pulled up in a messy bun and the make up she had on earlier in the day had long since been cleaned off. She was in a large t-shirt of his and a pair of sweat pants she had packed.

"You're getting tired, that's why you shut off the game so early, isn't it," Austin asked.

Bailey blushed and rolled her eyes, "No way, Post. I'm a good authority figure and am worried about my brother's sleep schedule."

"Sure you are," Austin hummed.

Bailey rolled her eyes again and held her arms out. "Come cuddle with me."

Austin tried to stop his eyes from lighting up as he jumped to his feet and crawled into the space on the bed next to her. He wrapped his arms around her body loosely. He didn't want to push Bailey past her comfort zone.

He was relieved when she leaned back into his arms and curled her body against his. Her head was pressed into the curve of Austin's neck and he could feel her warm breath against his skin as she let out a small yawn.

"What was that about you not being tired," Austin teased.

"Shut up, Post," Bailey said and rested her hand against his chest.

Austin chuckled quietly and looked down at the girl in his arms.