04

Being woken up to a crashing sound, Alassëa was naturally bought to consciousness with a flinch. She sat up in bed and looked around confused. Pushing the covers off of herself, she quickly made her way silently to the kitchen, where the sounds of crashing happened. "I feel like I should say 'good morning' but...I shall refrain from doing so because what have you done?" Alassëa asked casually.

Clearly not hearing her silent approach, Bard turned sharply and looked to her. He had somehow done himself a damage, he nursed his hand while still somehow managing to smile at her. "Good morning."

Alassëa rolled her eyes. "Good morning," pausing she walked over with her arms crossed. "So what have you done?" She peered over his arm and frowned. "How'd you burn yourself?"

"Sigrid left something on," Bard explained while gesturing to the pot on the stove. He had sent both Sigrid and Bain to the market and forgot about the breakfast gently cooking away.

"Hand," Alassëa waved a hand at him.

"It's nothing to worry about," Bard said with a slight chuckle while walking past her and picking up a piece of cloth and managing to hold onto the pot and take it off the heat.

"See this," she gestured to her nonchalant expression. "This is me not worrying, see that?" She gestured to Tilda who was sitting at the table looking at her father with concern. "That's what worry looks like, now give me your hand." Alassëa said while rolling her eyes. "Tilda, can you find those bandages that Eryn left for me? I'm sure we'll hear a lecture about it, I get that feeling, but what's wrong with a little sharing, hm?" Alassëa said rather lightly while watching Tilda dart out of her chair and potter over to where the supplies Eryn left were sitting.

"Here you go," Tilda held out most of the things Eryn had left out to her.

"Thank you," Alassëa smiled and took them from her smaller hands, she watched as she turned and walked off towards the stairs.

Seeing as how he clearly wasn't going to get out of this situation, Bard merely rested his hand in her slender ones as she took to looking the burn over. Letting out a hum, Alassëa took to opening the small clay pot which housed the healing paste in it. Putting some on her thumb she simply rubbed it over the burn on his palm before wrapping some gauze around his hand.

"We match," Alassëa laughed quietly while stepping back and taking to cleaning the small items away. Bard looked to his bandaged hands and then to hers. Sure, they did. She glanced up and looked at him strangely when he had a distant expression on his face. "What is it?" She asked thinking the paste was kicking in and stinging.

Bard smiled and shook his head, "Thank you." He said instead of letting the somewhat nagging feeling of nostalgia kick in. Forever taking care for his children, like any other father, it was at times like this that it hit him that no one took care of him, as such. Sure, Sigrid tried, she fussed, and she acted way too much like her mother. It was that source of nostalgia which hit him. In the past, if he was ever hurt, or injured himself somehow, his late wife would see to it.

"Just think of it as one thing I can do to repay you." Alassëa said simply with a shrug. "But, let me repay you some more," she waved a hand at him. "Don't touch the stove, actually, stay clear unless you truly want to end up matching." Alassëa smiled while waving her bandaged hands in the air and turning to stir the porridge, once she placed it back on the heat. "Can I ask you something?" Alassëa looked to the side to where Bard was reaching up and collecting some bowls from a shelf.

"I'm not going to like this question, am I?" He asked while walking past her and to the table.

Alassëa pouted and turned to look at him. "How do you know that?"