Chapter 49 : Isle of Wight

December 2015, Sandown Airport, Isle of Wight

We were waiting at the private lounge at the private airstrip near Shanklin. His jet is flying in first, and mine would be an hour after. He was worried that I might get bored or anything, but I'm used to be the one staying while the other one flies somewhere, no pun intended.

We'll be seeing each other again after New Year's and I'm planning to redecorate the house already, although we haven't really talked about where to stay yet. I probably need to clarify this now.

"Babe, when you get back, are you gonna come stay with me?" I asked with no hesitation.

He laughed. "I haven't thought that far ahead" He turned and squeezed my hand that he was holding. I frowned automatically and he broke into a grin. "...but if that makes you happy then yes...I would love to stay with you and the dogs."

I hid my frown. "No, it's not like that. I don't want you to feel obligated or anything." I didn't want him to feel like I was rushing into things.

"I swear. You can't stop me from staying away from you anyway. I'd probably spend the night over at your place every time." He explained, convincing me.

My heart hammered and it was an exhilarating feeling looking forward to it. I missed him so much. I miss him already knowing I'm spending this entire week away from him.

My God, I spent a week with him here without even saying how I feel. He never said anything also. My chest constricted, and I was worrying my lip again.

"What's wrong?" He asked, noticing my sudden fidgeting.

I didn't need words to know that he returns my affection, but I never really thought I needed them this much at this moment.

"I...Rob..." I twisted to face him. Somehow I have difficulty expressing feelings lately. Fuck it. "I wish we could stay longer Rob..." I almost whimpered.  I wish we didn't have to go back to our present lives.

His eyes softened. "I wish we could, you know that." He then hugged me to him tightly and I can hear his heart beating in his chest. I buried my face trying to quell any sobs.

"I don't wanna go back to LA...take me with you please" I mumbled feeling empty and suddenly depressed. I broke out from his hold and faced him, almost begging. "Please babe..."

He smiled and framed my face with his hands and bent down to give me a lingering kiss. Please, please take me with you Rob.

Somebody cleared his throat and we stopped and straightened ourselves. "Your jet is ready sir." The attendant said from the doorway.

"I'll be down in a moment." Rob told him.

This is it. It's now or never.

"Rob...." I held onto his hand.

"Kristen. We'll see each other when I get back, babe.  I promise." He said as he hugged me and kissed my forehead again.

I couldn't. Somehow I couldn't say it.  I wanted to kill myself.  He's just gonna walk away again not knowing how much this week meant a lot to me.

He stood up and picked up his bag while I just sat there biting my lip and forcing a smile while I tried to look at his face.  I can't look at his face, I didn't expect it to be this hard.

"Honey...I have to go." He said as he tried to pull me up from my chair. I refused to. Suddenly he was kneeling in front of me trying to catch my evading eyes. "Kristen...I'm sorry babe. I'll make it up to you okay? Take care of yourself." He said while I nod, still not looking. Why can't he just take me with him anyway? I could throw a full-blown tantrum at this lounge and he still wouldn't take me.

He sighed and stood up and dropped a kiss on my hair. "I love you..." he whispered, then he turned and walked away.

I froze. His words were so clear, and that was all it took before the damn broke and I buried my face in my hands and started sobbing. I couldn't look at him leaving...I didn't know why I didn't say it myself. I should've told him.  I lifted my face and see an empty doorway.  He didn't hear me break down of course.

I stood up and approached the glass pane and see if I could still catch a glimpse of him before he goes up the jet. 

I see him walking the tarmac accompanied by an attendant, on his way to board the jet already. I bit my lip to stop myself from sobbing again.  Suddenly he stopped and turned to say something to the attendant.  He then gave him his bag and looked up to scan the building for me, he saw me then waved. I grinned and almost flattened myself to the window, waving back to him.

Then he started running back.  What? What is he doing?

Suddenly I found myself rushing downstairs to the boarding area, through the departure doors.  We almost bumped into each other.

"Rob!" I shouted. "What are you doing?!" I tried to get the words out after he hugged me to him tightly.

"Kristen..." He said as he kissed my forehead, my nose, my cheeks. "I'm sorry for taking my time to say it but I know that you know all along...you know how much I love you right?" He panted.

"Yes...yes!" I grinned. I can't help but grin. "I love you too...so much." I whispered back as I leaned up to kiss him.

"I might seem like an idiot for running back, but this can't wait until next year..." He started saying while I was still trying to catch my breath, my ears ringing.

"What is?" I asked confused. His face lit up and he framed my face again, bending down slowly to give me a chaste kiss.

He laughed at the confused expression on my face, then slowly went down on one knee.

"Kristen Jaymes Stewart... please do me the honour by consenting to be my wife..."

**************************

I hope I didn't mess this chapter up.  Hey guys! Drop some comments when you feel like it...I'm all ears, especially those predictions of yours.