Chapter 7 : Knocked off course

Author's Note at the end of the Chapter for Timeline Reference. 

**************************************

(Rob POV) 

Beverly Hills, Los Angeles

OCTOBER 30, 2013

I looked at her, my gaze unflinching, my expression unfaltering. I have never been this torn yet so certain in my entire life.

I still remember the time I found out I was serious about her, it was so clear like the light of day. I was so in love that night. I was so in love with somebody I was practically bursting with it. Now, I could never love somebody this much again. No, never again.

Her green eyes bright, tears streaming down her face, pleading with me. She was kneeling in front of me, begging me to reconsider it. Begging to consider us. Mumbling sorry and sorry again, how she was so wrong and how much she regrets doing this to us. How could she still look so beautiful? How could you still look so beautiful Kristen?

How can you make me love you still?

I tried to push her hands away while she was trying to frame my face and make me look at her. No, i can't look at her. I won't be able to handle the anguish so obvious in that pale face. I have decided and I have to go through with it.

Even if that makes me the shittiest man on the planet, I just have to break her heart. Just like how she broke mine.

"No Rob....No..." She mumbles. "Look at me, please. Please please look at me!" she insisted trying to grab my face again. Kneeling in front of me like the sorriest person. "Rob, I love you! I love you so much Rob you just can't....please Rob..." she continued to say, but then dropped her hands to the floor, face down sobbing, mumbling incoherently.

"Stop this Kristen" I said, still not looking at her. With her hands away, I stood up evading her chasing grasp.

I continued on to the doorway, my back to her already. I didn't know where I was going. It's my house, I can't just walk out of my house! But I have to leave, I need to leave and just not see her like this.

"Fix yourself. . .we cannot speak like this" I said, clearing my throat, trying not to betray my emotions.

She slowly straightened, still sobbing, crawling to the couch i just vacated and sitting herself, burying her face in her hands. "Please Rob.....please." she mumbled to herself.

I turned to finally look at her. She lifted her face to look at me.

My God! I feel so vile. I  hate myself, I hate myself for doing this, I hate her for making me do this. Her eyes are still bright with tears, but what was so ingrained in my thoughts is the face of heartbreak so clearly visible through them.

"I don't love you anymore....not like the way you want me to" I whispered.

"You're lying" she almost sneered.

I ran my hands through my hair, pinched the bridge of my nose, again and again. "No...I'm not" I said staring back at her.

"You're lying" Her face softened, then crumpled in a pitiful way "please...please tell me you're lying" and she carried on like that, crying and rocking herself, arms wrapped around her like trying to hold pieces of herself together.

She cried and cried, and I hated myself more and more, so I left her. I left her there in the living room in this almost bare rented house. I left her there crying herself in the only couch in the living room, alone, hurt, and vulnerable.

I went up to my room, grabbed a beer I left earlier,and  found out it wouldn't suffice. So i threw it on the wall letting it break and make a mess while I stared at my ceiling for three whole hours. I stared at my ceiling while the girl I love, and probably would forever, tried to patch herself together downstairs.

She probably would succeed, I probably won't. I'll just stay broken like this. I was broken ever since I met her. "Broken..." I whispered to myself, then I let the tears flow.

_______________________________________________

A/N: October of the same year as the previous chapter. This was during the time in October when a photo of them was taken (reference above photo) where they were driving their respective cars and was seen tailing each other.

This was the last time a photo was taken of them together.