Ch. 16

Meanwhile, when Jake was at school, Nick went to the police station with Clair, seeing Gerald behind bars.

"Dad, what happened?" Nick asked.

Gerald pointed behind Nick and Clair, "That. That happened."

Nick and Clair turned around and saw Becky smiling.

"Is there a problem I can help you with?" she asked.

"Why did you lock my husband up? What did he do?" Clair asked.

"I'm sorry, but his crime was so despicable, I refuse to reveal what it is."

"BULLSHIT! You know he didn't do shit!" Nick raged.

"I can let him go under one condition. Bring Jake back, and your godfather is free to go."

"Nice try, you crazy ass bitch! I'm not giving up my boyfriend for your evil ass!"

"Then looks like Mr. Nova is going to big boy jail. You know, where you'll get an unwanted surprise from behind when you drop the soap."

Nick suddenly reached in Clair's hair and grabbed a bobby pin. He went to the jail cell and picked the lock, letting Gerald out.

"What the...?" Becky asked.

"You wasn't gonna let him go, so I let him go for you," Nick replied. "You can thank me later. I prefer it right before I send you to the back of an ambulance!"

"Nick, calm down," Clair said.

"You better listen to your godmother before you get a spanking," Becky said with a snarky smile.

Nick grabbed Becky and took her outside, growling at her.

"You're not gonna take Jake away from me," Nick said.

"Took the words right out my mouth," Becky replied. "Legally, I can take him back whenever I want to. I haven't did anything yet because I wanna see you crash and burn when I do take him back."

"Jake is way more happier with me than he ever was with you. He'll just come runing back to me when you hurt him, and I will be there to heal his pain. You won't have your way."

"We'll see."

Clair and Gerald walked out the police station and got in their car, Nick joining them after he stares down Becky.

That evening, the bleachers of the football field were being filled with students from Pendergast and Insidious. Jake and his friends were on the sidelines, looking at the packed bleachers.

"Wow," Jake said. "This crowd is amazing! I'm starting to get a little nervous about halftime."

"You'll be fine," Troy replied. "Also, don't forget about our little heist."

"What heist?" Erica asked.

"In the morning, Troy and I are gonna break into Becky's house and find any evidence that can put her behind bars," Jake explained.

"You sure about this?" Nick asked.

"Jakey is the closest person to Becky, so he should be able to get in the house and find any evidence against Becky," Troy explained.

"I dunno... sounds risky," Erica replied. "But I trust you two. Just be careful, alright?"

"Okay, Erica," Jake smiled.

"I need to get ready for the start of the game," Troy said. "See ya later."

Troy gave Jake a peck on the forehead before running off. Nick looked at Troy with envy, Erica pulling him aside.