Ch. 14

"Pendergast high is nothing without Arnette," Nick read.

"Who wrote this?" Jake asked.

"Insidious High," Troy answered, approaching the couple. "They're our biggest rivals. Every year around homecoming, the Tigers prank us one way or another."

"This years prank went a little bit personal!" Nick raged. "They need to keep my man's name out their mouths! We gotta get them back."

"Already on it. Meet me in the science lab after school."

Later, after school, Jake was in the science lab with Nick, Erica, Troy, Sophie, Andre, and Ricky.

"Is everyone here?" Ricky asked.

"Still waiting for someone," Troy answered.

Just then, Trina walked in, sitting beside Sophie.

"Trina? You're helping us?" Jake asked.

"Yeah..." Trina answered. "As much as I hate you, I hate Insidious more."

"Great," Troy said. "Now that everyone is here, let's go over the gameplan. We're ginna break into Insidious High and steal their Tiger Bone."

"Tiger Bone?" Jake asked in confusion.

"The Tiger Bone is Insidious's lucky charm," Nick explained. "Rumors say that if the Tiger Bone ever touch the ground, they'll have bad luck at all their games for the rest of the year."

"If we can steal it, we'll show them that Pendergast is not to be messed with," Erica replied.

"But how are we gonna get inside without it being suspicious?" Jake asked.

"You're gonna blend in and pretend to be a Insidious student," Trina explained. "They know all of us, but they haven't met you at all. They just know of you rather than knowing you."

"I even went outta my way to make you a fake student ID card for Insidious High," Ricky added. "Your fake name is Kyle West. Just break in and find the Tiger Bone. It's in a trophy case right by the office."

"What are you guys gonna do?" Jake asked.

"We'll be right there beside you," Sophie answered.

"Just stick to finding the Tiger Bone, Jake," Troy said. "The office is on the second floor. The stairs will send you right to the bone."

"I'm kinda scared..." Jake replied. "I never did this kinda thing before."

"Youll be okay, Jake... promise. Everyone, meet me outside the school at 8 o'clock."

Hours past, and the group were outside Pendergast. Jake had on a orange and white Letterman's jacket that had a tiger's head on it.

"You actually look like a Insidious student," Troy said.

"I hacked into Insidious High's records and added you as a transfer student who just started school," Ricky said. "This ID card will help you get in the school. Just swipe it like a credit card."

Ricky handed Jake the fake student ID card, Erica approaching Ricky.

"When did you start hacking stuff?" she asked.

"I've been doing it," Ricky answered. "I just never told anyone I can do it... until now."

"Athletic, musical, and smart? So dreamy~"

"Not as dreamy as me," Jake replied. "I can connect with others. I bet I can be friends with some Insidious students."

"Insidious students are as bad as me," Nick said. "You sure you wanna be friends with them?"