Ch 13

On Monday, Ricky sat in the cafeteria alone, thinking about Friday night. Trina saw this and sat beside him.

"I'm guessing by your expression that the plan failed, right?" she asked.

"Bingo," Ricky answered. "I did what you said and tried to break Jake and Nick up, but it didn't work. I was with Jake in the theater bathroom, but Nick jumped in and stopped me."

"Should've known. Nick might not look like it, but he's smart as hell. We need to-"

"Look, Trina. I went along with your plan, and it didn't work. I'm not gonna make more trouble with him."

Ricky stood up and started to walk away before Trina stopped him.

"Where are you going?" she asked.

"I'm going to go apologize to Jake for what happened," Ricky answered.

Ricky walked away and spotted Jake, Nick, and Erica standing by Jake's locker. He approached them, and Nick went in defense mode, guarding Jake.

"What you want, Raper?" he asked.

"I wanna explain what happened Friday night," Ricky responded. "It was Trina. She wanted me to break you two up, so she can date Nick."

"Why should we believe you?" Erica asked.

Ricky pulled out his phone and went to his messages, showing the trio text messages of Trina's plan to break Jake and Nick up.

"This obsession of hers is going on for way too long," Nick said.

"I'm really sorry about what happened," Ricky said. "Can you forgive me?"

"I forgive you," Erica responded.

"Jake? Nick?"

"If Jake forgives you, I do too," Nick responded.

"Apology accepted," Jake said.

"Thanks," Ricky replied.

"Ricky, you still wanna go to homecoming with me?" Erica asked.

"I do."

"Good. Let's talk about clothes..."

Erica and Ricky walked down the hallway, talking about homecoming details; Jake and Nick watched them, Jake smiling with his mouth wide open and Nick in shock.

"That was fast," Jake said.

"Too damn fast, if you ask me," Nick replied.

Meanwhile, in the gym, Trina was working with the other cheerleaders when Sophie and Andre walked in. They sat in the bleachers and watched the cheerleaders.

"Why am I here again?" Andre asked. "I didn't ask to be dragged here, for your info."

"We're gonna break the news to Trina... and see her freak out," Sophie answered. "A part of me is wanting to stop being friends with her because of the way she's been acting towards Jake."

"I feel ya. She's still obsessed with him. I don't see anything wrong with Jake. He's probably the most nicest guy I've ever met."

"Yet you punched him at Troy's party."

"How'd you know about that? You left early."

"Trina filled me in. Have you apologized to him?"

"I wanted to, but I never had the chance. He left so fast."

"You're apologizing to him. To-day. Also, when you do apologize to him, tell him I said 'hi'."

"Fine."