Ch. 10

The next day, Jake was sleeping in bed, a smile on his face. Nick showed up and playfully patted Jake's face to wake him from his slumber.

"Rise and shine, Cinderella," Nick said. "We're going shopping."

"We're getting my new wardrobe?" Jake asked.

"That's the plan. Now get your ass outta bed and get dressed. Clair and Gerald are ready to leave."

"Before I do..."

Jake tugged Nick by his pants, brought him closer to the bed. He leaned in and gave him a kiss. Nick crawled overtop of Jake, sitting in his lap.

"You got my thing hard as a rock," Nick smirked. "When are we gonna do it?"

"Nick, I'm not ready for sex yet," Jake responded. "Right now, getting me settled and stopping Becky is my priority."

"Fair. But a boy can always dream, right?"

Nick rocked his hips against Jake, biting his bottom lip as his hands were planted on Jake's stomach; Jake reluctantly placed his hands on Nick's thighs.

"Showing off your feminine side, huh?" Jake asked.

"Shut it," Nick responded. "Just because I like this doesn't mean I'm a queer. I'm still the most masculine delinquent you know."

"Whatever..."

"Get dressed. We're leaving soon."

Nick got off of Jake and went in the living room, seeing Clair and Gerald watching television. He sat beside them and sighed.

"What's wrong, Nick?" Clair asked.

"It's Jake," Nick answered. "I thought him getting away from Becky would stop him from being hurt... but it didn't. He was accused of stealing, accused of getting the head cheerleader in trouble, and he got punched by the cheerleader's brother at the party last night."

"Is Jake okay?" Gerald asked.

"He's fine. It's just... He keeps getting hurt either emotionally or physically. I stopped the bad stuff I was doing for Jake, but now I... I-"

"You feel like you should go back to your ways to protect him," Clair interrupted. "I'm all for the idea. You have shown that you can control that side of you. But we don't wanna see you get in trouble for protecting the boy you like."

"I understand. But I'm not gonna let him get hurt everywhere he goes."

"Then you have our permission to do whatever you need to do to protect Jake," Gerald replied. "Just don't break any serious laws."

"Right," Nick smiled.

Jake walked in the living room, dressed in all white clothes. Nick looked over and admired him by catcalling.

"You look great," Nick smirked. "Like I said, I wouldn't mind if you wore my clothes, even after we get you your own wardrobe."

"Thanks, Nick," Jake blushed.

"Ready to go?" Clair asked.

"Yeah, let's go."

Thirty minutes later, Jake and Nick were arrived to the mall. The two went to many different clothing stores and were holding handfuls of clothing bags.

"How do girls do this?" Nick asked. "Carrying around bags all day... It's tiring!"

"You'll be okay, Nick," Jake said. "It's just clothes."

"Shut up before I shove you in the giant fountain."

The two returned to the car and put the bags inside, Clair and Gerald driving back to the house afterwards. Jake and Nick went back in the mall and sat down at the food court. Soon, Erica, Troy, and Sophie showed up and sat with them.