Ch. 5

The next day, Nick and Erica, both wearing swimsuits, knocked on Jake's door. When the door opened, they saw Jake in his swimsuit and shades over his eyes.

"What's with the shades, Boy Scout?" Nick asked.

"To, uh... protect my eyes from the sun!" Jake answered. "We're gonna be in the sun all morning, so why not wear these? Hehe..."

"True," Erica replied. "I brought some sunscreen, so we won't get sunburn."

Suddenly, they heard a car horn. They turn and saw Trina in her red convertible.

"You guys coming or what?" Trina asked.

"We caught a ride from Trina," Nick said. "It was unplanned, but we could use a ride."

Jake grabbed his doufle bag and closed the door, heading towards the car. He threw his doufle bag in the trunk and got in the backseat.

"Let's get this day started!" Trina yelled.

Jake and the others yelled in excitement, driving down to Pender Beach. When they arrived, Trina went to rent four surfboards while the others wait. Erica was putting sunscreen on Jake's back as Nick was taking off his shirt. Jake's jaw dropped from seeing Nick's bare abs.

"All done!" Erica said, seeing Jake staring hard at Nick. "Hello? Earth to Jake?"

"Hehe... Jake must like what he see," Nick replied, smirking. "Yo, Boy Scout, since you're staring awfully hard at my abs, wanna touch them?~"

"Uh... uh... uh-huh," Jake said as if he was in a trance.

Nick got closer and allowed Jake to feel on him.

"They're hard as a rock," Jake said.

"Duh!" Nick replied.

"Uh... what's going on?" Erica asked.

When Trina returned to the group with the surfboards, Jake yanked his hands back.

"Um, am I interrupting something?" she asked.

"Not at all," Nick answered. "You girls go ahead and surf. I'll be teaching Boy Scout how to do that."

"See ya out there," Erica said.

The girls went out into the water, leaving the boys on the edge of the beach.

"Why did you tease me?" Jake asked.

"Remember when I said Trina likes me?" Nick asked. "Well, I thought about it on the way here and decided to let her know how I feel about her by flirting with someone else."

"And lemme guess, that someone else is me?"

"I'm not gonna lie, if I had to choose between you and Trina as a lover, I'd choose you. She already think you're into me. Why not make what she thinks true?"

"I dunno about this, Nick. Trina haven't done anything wrong towards us. Why should we do her wrong?"

"You're not! I'm just showing her how I feel. Actions speek louder than words, and my words didn't work, so..."

Jake looked at Trina surfing with Erica. He looked at the way she was smiling, and he turned to see Nick smirking at him.

"Just so you know, I'm not for this," he said. "But I guess you have a point. I'll play along."

"Great~" Nick wrapper his arm around Jake's waist.

When Trina and Erica reached shore, they looked at Nick and Jake; Trina was looking at the boys more intensely than Erica. Soon, Nick was teaching Jake how to surf. A few wipeouts later, Jake became an amateur surfer, riding the waves with a smile on his face. When he reached the shore, without witnessing a single wipeout, he celebrated. Surprisingly, his shades stayed on him most of the time.