Ch. 2

Later, during lunch, Jake was eating lunch with Erica, when Nick walked in, staring Jake down instantly. Erica took notice of this and looked at the two with confusion.

"Did Nick do something to you?" she asked.

"No," Jake answered. "Principal Boswell told Nick to give me a tour of the school. We're friends now."

"YOU became friends with HIM? That's shocking. He never try to make friends. But he managed to make friends with you."

"To be honest... he tried to hurt me, but he couldn't go through with it. Said I was too... 'likable'."

"Hm... interesting..."

"Sup, Boy Scout," Nick said, sitting beside Jake.

Jake took noticed that he had no lunch, "Hey, Nick. You're not gonna eat anything?"

"Eh. Not hungry. I see you made friends with Goldilocks."

"Goldilocks? You mean Erica?"

"Duh."

Erica looked at Nick menacingly, crossing her arms.

"Only you would give me a name like Goldilocks," she said.

"It suits you," Nick replied.

"Damn!" Jake said not-so-loudly. "I want some chips out the vending machine over there, but I left my money at home."

"Don't worry, Boy Scout. I gotchu."

Nick got up and walked to the vending machine. As he was walking, he stole another boy's wallet and bought Jake a bad of barbecue chips; he returned the wallet back to him before handing Jake the bag.

"Why did you steal from that kid?" Erica asked.

"Well, I didn't have the money," Nick replied.

"You are paying him back, right?" Jake asked.

"Yeah, yeah. Now eat up."

Jake hesitantly ate the chips, Nick smiling at him.

"Happy now?" Nick asked.

"A little," Jake answered. "I feel bad for that kid, though. That's a dollar he's not getting back."

"He'll be fine. I looked in his wallet and saw a few twenty dollar bills. He won't miss it."

"If you say so..."

"Nick, why are you being so nice to Jake?" Erica asked. "You're never this nice."

"Boy Scout here is my friend," Nick replied. "You're supposed to be nice to friends, right?"

"Yeah..."

"Well then, let me be nice to Boy Scout."

"You can be friends with Erica too, ya know?" Jake added.

"Ngh! I... I guess I can be friends with Goldilocks."

"Wait, really? Just like that?" Erica asked.

"Don't make me regret it."

"Okay then. Nick as a friend... this is gonna be interesting."

Later, before our last period, Jake was sitting in the lobby with Erica and Nick. We were talking about our plans after school.

"So, what's everyone gonna do after school?" he asked.

"Homework," Erica answered. "I do it right before bed though, so I'm free for a bit."

"You actually do homework?" Nick asked as he chuckled. "I don't do that crap! What's the point of schoolwork if the teachers are gonna give us work to do at home?"