Ch. 7 Uncharacteristic

Start from the beginning

"Hey it's okay... Everything is alright, she's one of the good guys, she won't hurt you I promise", Conner was truly trying his best to comfort the poor girl. He took notice of the force of her grasp onto his companion's dense fur, her hands pale and shaken. She was probably freezing and needed, rest and there was no way of telling the extent of her injuries.

"Wonder girl, tell Nightwing we found a survivor and to meet us back at the ship, I don't think there's anyone else out here."

"Where did she even come from?"

"I don't know, she hasn't said a word, Wolf found her here in the lake, all she has with her is this bag. I think she's alone"

Wonder girl couldn't believe that such a small frightened girl could have escaped with her life. Beast reported that they hadn't found any survivors, and while with Nightwing in the town and during her search for Superboy she hadn't found anyone. It made her gut twist as she tried to catch a better look at this mystery girl, but with both Wolf and Superboy crowding her she couldn't see much.

"Okay, I'll let him know, get her ready to move though, it's best if we get out of these woods as soon as possible, I've had a bad feeling since I split up with Nightwing"

Super boy nodded before fixing his attention to the nameless woman. "We're gonna be heading back to somewhere far more safe, where we can get someone to take a look at you. I promise Wolf and I will not leave your side if you're not comfortable." The woman gave a silent nod, not looking to meet his eyes as she continued to keep to herself.

Superboy smiled kindly at her timidness; he could see how much potential she had, although stand-offish she could become another great member of the team in the future. He was skeptical of some of the others, with everything the team has been through, emotionally, physically, and psychologically in the past, some may very well be defensive and passive considering she is the only survivor from one of Cadmus labs.

That was the one thing Superboy could not wrap his head around; how someone so small and timid could have possibly escaped such wreckage with their life. But as the saying goes, looks can be deceiving, and his gut told him that despite her shy and closed off demeanor she was someone with potential and power; power that he hoped to help her feel empowered by over time. He hopes to do for her what his closest friends and teammates did for him years ago.

X was glad to have quickly buried the USB at the shore of the lake while Superboy was preoccupied with Wonder girls presence. She was disappointed in all of the information she could not access, until she returns to retrieve it. She hoped to find out more on her birth parents and where else Cadmus had Labs. X was certain that there had to be labs all over the world that could possibly house other beings like her, that could very well kill her; though it wouldn't be without great effort, she couldn't allow irresponsible scientists to continue creating genetically enhanced experiments.

Superboy could be a hinderance or and advantage to her come back. He'd be keeping a close eye on her from now on; X didn't know what her next step was but she was sure as hell going to use his savior complex to keep others from poking and prodding her too much. If X wasn't mistaken there was a mind reader on the team, a green skinned woman that went by Miss Martian, she is her biggest obstacle yet to be faced. If X can not find a way to block the mind readers attempts at peering into her mind, or altering her own memories when the time came; X's own alias may be uncovered, and then she could never live a semi normal life.