Ch.4 Free... For now

(3rd POV) (2788 Words)

[Trigger warning]

Empty, disoriented, enraged...

Some of the few emotions that X felt as she sat slump against the deceased body of her creator. She was no longer sobbing and had since calmed down. The sound of the blaring sirens and flashing red lights faded into the background as she kept her stare fixated on the deep brown wood floor.

'...escape'

'must escape'

'...leave Now!'

'...Run...'

'!GO NOW!'

The voices demanded urgently knowing that the longer she stayed the less time they have to escape. 'They're right', X thought as she slowly rose to her feet, her knees and back popping as she rose. A sharp pain erupted in X heart causing her to go stumbling into a bookshelf and use it to support her numb body.

A throbbing pain began X's head due to the aggressive sobbing she had done minutes before not helping her situation. Despite the pain she was felling X pushed passed it and began searching Dr. Vallen's Office for anything useful.

X came to a stop at the scientists wooden table in the center of his room and dumped her hall on it. She had managed to grab two glocks each fully loaded, three teargas bombs, a large sports bag, two smoke bombs, a tazer, a black vest with a hood, black face mask, a USB that contained any and all information on her, and several packs of emergency previsions that she knew she could make last for at least a few weeks to a month.

X was quick to put on the vest and face mask and stuff what she had found and what was in her pillowcase into the worn black bag leaving only her two katanas strapped to her back, two matching pistols strapped to each thigh, a third in the waist band behind her back, and the smoke and teargas bombs hanging loosely around her waist. As she was tightening the buckles of her clawed gloves she felt heavy vibrations coming closer and closer.

'Damn it... Looks like I'm gonna have to fight my way out...', X thought to herself with a tsk. She reached back and pulled out the pistol behind her back and took the safety off. '...12 bullets...', she reminded herself before she walked back over and stood in front of Dr. Vallen.

She could feel her throat begin to close and the corner of her eyes to sting. She leaned forward and lowered the mask before she placed a teary eyed kiss on his cold forehead as she unclasped the beautiful gold and platinum Phoenix rising neckless that held a single ruby in the center of the pendant. A present she had given him when she was six years old.

X shed a single tear slid down her face slowly before she pulled back and placed the neckless around her neck wiping the stray tear away before it could leave her face. She moved past him and made her way to the dark oak door that separated her from the clean white halls.

The vibrations increased giving away their positions; they were coming from both sides of the hall. She could go back through the vents 'but where Is the fun in that', X thought to herself with a smirk before waiting patiently in front of the gun locked and loaded.

In seconds she could hear the heavy footfalls of the guards getting into position outside the door and the sound of their loaded guns. "WEAPON X, YOU HAVE EXACTLY TEN SECONDS TO SURRENDER YOURSELF TO US OR WE WILL BE FORCED TO TAKE IMMIDEATE ACTION.... GIVE YOURSELF UP X, WE HAVE YOUR SURROUNDED!", the voice of the chief of security, Desmon, one of the longest living Geno-morphs to date.

X was quick to jump up above the door, and with immense skill keep her whole body lifted out of view. She switched out the pistol for a smoke bomb and a teargas bomb and waited. After a moment of silence she could hear the chiefs muffled voice. "Take it down".