Chapter Twenty-One: Silas

She has been awake from the coma for some time now, and I am ecstatic at the progress she has made. She is my best friend again, and it took no time at all. I am so glad for that. I was so scared she wouldn't let me in the way she has.

We have gone through all the pictures and videos of our dating life. I told the stories attached to them. We took our time with it, though. I could see when her walls would go up, and she needed time to take it all in. She was good about telling me when she was ready for the next thing.

It's fun reliving our early days, discovering it all over again.

I had to start going back to the gym and work this week, and I hate leaving her here. She sometimes comes with me to work, but she doesn't have the okay to work out yet.

When I can, I work from home. Yesterday I had a late meeting. I hated coming home late. I just want to live in our bubble of a world and never leave. Never leave her comfort and warmth.

When I came home, she practically tackled me to the ground, and we made out right there on the floor. Her lips, her body is like a drug to me, and I'm an addict. I will never get enough of her.

I pretend to read my book as she rereads her favorite book series. Her feet are resting on my lap as we sit in the bay window of the library.

I love hearing the little noises she makes in reaction to what's on the page.

I look up at her, and she is looking at me. I smile and ask, "what is it, baby?"

She smiles, "I like it when you call me that."

"I love you, baby. So much."

"I'm falling for you, Silas." Pressure builds in my chest. That's the first time she has said something other than 'like' or 'strong like.'

"You are?"

She nods, returning her attention to her book. After a few minutes, she closes it and says, "tell me a story."

"What do you want to hear?"

"Our biggest fight."

"Why do you want to hear that?"

She shrugs, "I think it's important for me to know everything."

"We don't really have big fights. The biggest was probably when..."

~~~~~
December 2015

"What do you mean, no?!"

"It's really no big deal."

"NO BIG DEAL!" She screams through her watering eyes. "You let someone else kiss you!"

"We never kissed! He was like an inch away when I stopped it. Baby, I don't want him."

"Then why did you hire him as your secretary?"

"Because he was qualified."

"So you're not attracted to him?" She can't be serious. I have eyes for one person, her.

"No."

"No?"

"No. I don't want him."

"I didn't ask if you wanted him... I asked you, are you attracted to him."

"What do you want me to say?! Yes, he is objectively attractive. I don't want him."

Tears fall from her eyes. "Are you still attracted to me?" She says in a whisper. She has gained a few pounds and has gotten so self-conscious. It's literally five, maybe 10 pounds. I don't understand her feelings. I think she is so fucking sexy.