Chapter 6: Training Begins

5:00 am on October 3, 2017

Udiyah woke up to the buzzing of her alarm on her phone. Her roommates were still sleeping and she decided to go take a morning shower. Udiyah got out of bed wearing her sleepwear which was a pair of black shorts and a redshirt. She entered the Dorm female showering quarters and noticed there were separate shower stalls for each student. Each stall had a gold engraved name for each student on the shower doors. She slipped out of her sleepwear and begin to shower. The streaming hot water felt good as she lathers her body with African Black soap body wash and moisturizes her skin with coconut oil. After she was finished she slips on her dorm uniform on her shirt was the lion crest. The shirt even had gold fringes with a border of blue and she wore a pair of black cargo pants with boots. Udiyah was ready for training and headed to the main hall of the dormitory.

Tyrone, Brock, and Matthias were hanging out in the main hall. "We have one more hour before training begins. I heard today we'll start by running a few miles and then we learn basic combat." Matthias said.

"Shit, it's been a while since I had run. I might be rusty a little." Tyrone replied.

"Running is the main part of a boxer's training Tyrone, I'm sure you'll catch on quickly. Don't worry I won't use my werelion agility against you." Matthias joked.

Tyrone and Brock also were wearing fringes on their uniforms shirts. The academy's staff was prepared for the Israelite students, so they had supplied them with fringes and Tzits Tzits. Udiyah Varda had noticed the boys and paid them no mind. Matthias had attempted to start a conversation with her. "Good Morning, Udiyah. Are you ready for training?" he asked staring directly at her.

She scowled at the werebeast and ignored him. Matthias didn't give up easily and Udiyah started getting annoyed by his presence. "Tyrone, you better call your cat before I scare him off with my flames," Udiyah warned while she emitted flames from her hands.

"Damn why are you so hostile girl? I just said good morning to you. Also, I'm far from a cat, I'm a true lion." Matthias mentioned.

"Leave her alone Matthias, she's probably not in the mood for talking. Let's prepare to head to class today." Tyrone suggested.

The trio begins to venture to the training grounds and prepare for the running drill. Tyrone had noticed a group of students waiting for the instructors. Among the students were Fred, Gaius, Eiran, and their fourth roommate Sahajay an Icarin warrior. Sahajay was tall and lean with muscles. His wings were brown and he stood at 6'2". His skin was brown and his eyes were a golden color. Fred's group was dressed in their dorm uniforms. The groups had met up with each other and greeted one another.

"Shalom, my ahks and Non-Human Gentile friends," Fred mentioned to Tyrone's group.

"Shalom Ahk Fred", they responded in unison.

The men had introduced themselves to each other. Fred was thrilled to meet with Matthias the Werelion. A few minutes later Udiyah and her roomies had shown up. Tyrone and Fred were staring at the strange shy girl with weird eyes. Serenity and Malfebah had cheerfully smiled at the ahks. Haniyah was blushing at the sight of Tyrone and Fred.

"Good morning my Ahkots", Fred mentioned with a confident voice.

"Good morning Fred and friends, I'm Serenity and this is my best friend Malfebah the Undine." Serenity mentioned.

"It's a pleasure to meet with you, I'm Fredrick Johnson III, known as the Hero of Henderson High or the Red Wolf of Judah." He boldly replied.

"You're so tall and handsome Sir Fredrick, I've to stretch my neck just to look you in the eyes." Malfe jested in a bubbly voice.