Iron Sisters

Toni paced around in the kitchen while Ripley was playing with play dough on the counter.

"You're not back yet, are you?... No, no. You enjoy your vacation Stevie, you've earned it.... How's your mom?...That's good," from the corner of her eye she could see Ripley waving, "Ripley says hi," she looked at her daughter, "He says hi... Stevie stop worrying, I'll figure something out... I can't miss anymore, I've been telling everyone I have pneumonia," she and Stevie both laughed, "I know, that was two weeks ago, go be with your mom. I'll figure something out."

Toni turned and was surprised to see Izzy playing with Ripley, she didn't hear her walk in.

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

Toni shrugged, "Not really, I need a sitter. Stevie's on vacation, Raphael and Magnus are busy, and Luke is awol."

"I could watch her." Izzy offered.

Toni shook her head, "You don't have to do that."

"I want to, plus I used to watch Max all the time... and can we talk."

Toni looked over at Ripley, "Rip."

She sighed, "I know, "cover my ears." She said and placed her hands over her ears.

"I'm sorry for being rude... I just, I don't know what came over me."

Toni smiled, "It's whatever Izzy, I'm past it... by the way nothing happened. Magnus showed me the memory, you said it was hot and took your clothes off but said you didn't want to be unclothed by yourself," she walked to the other side of the counter where Ripley was and kissed her forehead, "Rip, Izzy's gonna watch you while I go to school. Be good and do everything she says," she lowered her voice into a whisper, "Except eat the food, find Alec or someone else okay." She turned to Izzy, "Just keep her entertained, she'll eat whatever... mostly, just keep her alive, thank you." She explained, "I love you babes." She yelled and rushed out of the kitchen.

Izzy looked back to the blonde little girl, "Let's go check on Clary." Izzy helped the girl down from the stool and took her hand.

"Do you love your mom?" The four year old asked catching Izzy off guard.

She was speechless as she thought about the question, "My mom is... a very complicated woman. She... I guess I do love her."

"Your mom sounds mean," she said as they rounded the corner, "I remember at the toy store, my mom said your mom doesn't let you watch tv."

Izzy smiled, the child was very blunt like her mother, "My mom can be mean."

They stopped at Clary's door and knocked, they waited a few seconds before Clary yelled, "Come in."

"Just wanted to see how Clary was doing. But if I'm interrupting something..." Izzy said, she was suspicious of how they suddenly spent time together.

"Nope."

"No."

"Not at all." Clary said, Izzy eyes they suspiciously, "Hi Ripley." She said using the child to break the tension.

"Hi Clary," she waved, "Hi, I don't remember you're name." She said to Jace.

He smiled, "It's Jace... I should get going."

Izzy and Ripley walked over and sat down on the bed, while Ripley climes onto Izzy's lap. "You holding up okay?"

"I miss her...," Clary sighed, "A lot."

"I miss my mommy when she's at school and I have to stay with Stevie," Ripley said while playing with Izzy's snake bracelet.

"And then there's Luke. He's just vanished."