The Descent Into Hell Isn't Easy

Toni followed Isabelle down the hallway, abruptly stopping in her tracks when she saw a room filled with monitors and computers. 

"This is the ops center," Isabelle explained.

Toni gasped in awe, "Oh my god, did you people raid a Best Buy?"

Isabelle tilted her head to the side, not knowing what she was talking about, "What is a "Best Buy?"

Toni gasped in shock, "You don't know what Best Buy is?" Isabelle shook her head in confirmation. "It's a store that sells electronics like computers, TVs and all that jazz," Toni explained while walking over to a computer and started typing.

Isabelle took the seat next to her, "You won't be able to get in, you have to be in the—"

"That bitch." Toni gasped cutting Isabelle off.

"System." Isabelle finished and look over at the blonde, who was glaring at the screen.

"She is using my toothbrush...Oh, I'm sooo going to kill her."

Isabelle leaned over to have a look and saw a brunette girl cleaning her shoes with a toothbrush. That's disgusting, "How did you get into the system?" Isabelle asked wanting to change the subject.

Toni took a deep calming breath, "It wasn't hard, like at all. Whoever your tech guy is I'd fire them."

Toni watched Isabelle stand and walk over to her brother, so she decided to get off the computer and follow her where the redhead, Jace and a guy who looked like a total nerd stood.

"There is. You coming?" Jace asked.

"Yeah." Clary stated as she and her friend followed behind him.

He abruptly stopped and turned to face them, "No, no, no. Not you." Jace said pointing to the nerd.

"Hey, we're a package deal." Clary argued.

"Yeah." The nerd added.

Jace pointed to an adjoining room, "There are runes all over the training room floor that would kill your mundie boyfriend."

"He's not my... "

"I'm not, like... "

"We're, uh, just friends." Nerd dude awkwardly stated.

"Best friends." Clary clarified.

"Someone got friend zoned." Toni muttered to herself.

"Yeah, and I'm tough. I can handle runes. So, uh, bring on the runes." Nerd said making Jace scoff, "What exactly are runes?" He asked.

Isabelle stepped forward, running her stele over her forearm making one of her runes glow, "They give Shadowhunters our demon-fighting powers."

"So hot," Nerd said before clearing his throat, "The rune."

Isabelle giggled, "Don't worry, Clary. I'll watch over the best friend. In fact, I was about to make breakfast."

Jace takes a deep breath, "On second thought, the runes might be less lethal."

Isabelle sighed, "I'll pretend I didn't hear that. Please excuse my brother's lack of manners. This is Alec... and I'm Isabelle." She held her hand out for him to kiss but he awkwardly shook it.

"Lewis. Simon, Simon Lewis. Two first names. Am I still talking?"

"Unfortunately, yes." Toni said louder than she meant to.