Dead Man's Party

After Simon and Toni were taken by the vampires, Alec, Clary, Isabelle, and Jace went back to the institute to come up with a plan.

"I still don't understand. How can Shadowhunters be better than... than what you people call mundanes?" Clary complained while marching into the institution.

"Because we protect humans." Isabelle stated with a "duh" tone.

Clary sighed in frustration before turning to face the trio, "You're right. Humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van. But not only did you manage to lose Simon, you managed to lose Toni too. Great job, guys. You rock."

"There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense." Alec stated.

"Alec, not now." Isabelle snapped.

"And Toni said she needed to go pee, who was I to stop her," Alec stated.

Isabelle nodded in agreement, "She did drink a lot of horchata on the way to the City of Bones."

"Look, they won't do anything to Simon. They just wanted to draw you out. They want the Cup, and they think you have it. It's Toni we need to be worried about." Jace worriedly explained.

"But why do they think that? Why does anyone think that? What, my mom lies to me my entire life except, "Oh, by the way, there's this magic cup, I hid on, like, the planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone." Clary said before taking a deep somewhat calming breath, "What am I supposed to do now?"

"We have to report to the Clave. They have to know we've learned about Valentine." Alec informed.

"What, that he's my father? Great. Fine. Tell them. What good does that do Simon?" Clary whined.

"If I tell the Clave that Toni was taken they'll make it a mission to get her back, which will help get Simon back." Alec explained.

"Clary, it's all connected. The vamps want the Cup." Jace stated.

"Why? It makes new Shadowhunters." Clary said.

"Nobody wants Valentine forming an army loyal to himself." Alec informed.

"Plus, it controls demons. They'll propose a trade." Isabelle added.

"Simon for the Cup. So, vampires will trade Simon for the Cup and Valentine will trade my mother for the Cup. Either way, I lose someone I love. What if I just toss it up in the air and let them fight it out among themselves?" Clary rambled.

"So this doesn't matter to you? And you're forgetting that Simon isn't the only one who's in danger, in fact Toni is more likely to get hurt because she's a Shadowhunters. A Shadowhunter who isn't properly trained." Alec snapped having had enough of her self centered rambles.

"Yes, of course, it matters! Listen... when you saved my life... I put my trust in you. Now, I need you to put your trust in me. I can't turn into what you are overnight." Clary said.

Isabelle spoke up agreeing with her, "It's true. She was raised as a mundane."

Ale turned to face his sister in disbelief, "What are you, her spokesman now?"

"I don't need a spokesman, I need a plan." Clary said before walking into the ops center.

Toni gasped awake in fear, not knowing what had happed to her while she was out. She was sitting on a bed that was her's, in a room that wasn't hers either.

"Tranquila. Hermosa, everything's fine. It's just me." Raphael appeared next to her.

Not anticipating him to show up like that, Toni jumped back before sighing when she realized it was him. She took a deep breath before punching his shoulder as hard as she could, "You fucking scared me Raph," she scolded causing him to chuckle, "It's not funny. You could have texted instead of kidnapping me."