Blood Calls to Blood

The man got out of the cage walked over to Jace and they both embraced each other.

"I can't believe it." Jace said in disbelief.

"Son, your hurt. How did you find me?" The man worriedly asked.

"You're dead. Valentine killed you. Valentine's... Valentine's here."

He shook his head and gripped Jace tighter to calm him down, "No, Jace. It's me." He looked over at Clary and Toni, his eyes widening in shock for a brief moment when his eyes landed on the blonde, "I'm Michael Wayland. I'm Jace's father. Look, I know what Jace told you, but I've been here for ten years. Valentine took off and left me."

"And Jocelyn Fairchild?" Clary asked wanting to know anything about her mother.

"He took her with him. You are?"

"I'm Clary, her daughter. Meliorn, the Seelie, told me that he was here with her." Clary frantically responded.

Jace was getting weaker and lost his balance, "Jace, no!" Michael said catching Jace before he fell to the ground.

Toni ran over to Jace and looked at Michael, "It's Ravener venom."

Clary nodded in agreement, "He kept telling me he was all right."

Jace panted, "We have to find your father, not my father," he began to breathing heavily.

"Valentine's... His stele. Where is it?" Michael asked.

"Back pocket. Back pocket." Clary said.

Toni found it and ran it over his healing rune but it wasn't doing anything.

"What's wrong?" Clary asked in worry.

Michael sighed, "The rune is weak."

"The Ravener venom is spreading. We need to get him help." Toni stated.

"We... We closed the Portal." Clary stuttered.

"Valentine's got a standing Portal. Let's go," Michael said and began walking toward the door, Toni made her way over to Jace's side to help carry his weight, "Hey, Jace, stay with me. Hey. Do you remember our first demon fight? We were way out past the Institute, way up at Kinshasa. You were only eight, but you were so brave. Do you remember what you said?"

Toni had stopped listening to the clearly intimate moment between the father and son and focused on keeping her balance as they entered the portal, they landed right in front of Jade Wolf and Toni managed to keep her balance. She let Clary take her place by Jace and ran into the restaurant.

"Luke, we need help," Toni panted out.

Luke frantically stood up making his way over to the blonde right as Clary and Michael were basically dragging Jace through the door.

He looked over both Toni and Clary searching for injuries, when he saw none he looked over at Jace, "What happened?"

"We thought we found Valentine, but he was already gone." Clary said while sitting Jace down on a chair.

Luke narrowed his eyes in disbelief, "Michael Wayland?"

"Valentine took my mother with him, but we found Jace's father." Clary explained.

"What? I thought Valentine killed Jace's father." Simon asked.

"Well obviously he didn't," Toni sarcastically said.

"He tried. Hello, Lucian." Michael greeted Luke.

Luke went and kneeled in front of him, "This can't be–I thought I'd never see you again."