17. Spanked beyond mention.

Cold sweat trickled down my face, while my nerves pulsated within my head, as if signaling an imminent demise. Kristen is going to skin me alive! What on earth was I thinking?!

"What the fuck have you done?!" Steff bellowed, finally answering the call after three attempts. "Why the hell did you agree to go on a date with Sebastian? Are you completely insane?!"

Oh, how eloquent.

"How did you find out?"

"Everyone knows! We all saw the video of you two kissing and exchanging extravagant gifts!"

"First of all, we never kissed, and secondly, we didn't exchange any gifts. He did that. And could you please stop yelling!"

"Alright, Tinker Bell, just know one thing: you're about to face an infuriated Kristen, and I'm not sure if you'll make it out alive because I can guarantee Sebastian won't," he added, sighing. "All those years of protecting you have gone to waste."

"You know what? It's my life, and I can do whatever I want with it. So fuck Kristen. He can't dictate what I do with my life!" I shouted angrily before slamming my phone down.

So much for Steff's help. Well, at least I'm safe for now. There's no way he can come near my home.

"Hey," Maria said, entering my room.

"Hey," I sighed, as Maria made her way inside.

"I heard you had quite a wild night yesterday," she nervously chuckled. "Do you remember anything?"

"No, not really." That was the least of my concerns. I needed to come up with an excuse to save myself from certain doom. Who knows what Kristen will do.

"Well, that'll spare you the embarrassment of recalling what you did," she said. My head snapped around, demanding her to spill the details.

"What did I do?"

"Well," she fidgeted, looking around cautiously, "you sort of threw up all over Regina and then proceeded to smear it on her." She nervously laughed while stepping back.

"I did what?!"

"If it's any consolation, Kristen took down the videos of you and told everyone not to say anything."

So, not only was I in trouble with Kristen, but I was also in trouble with Regina, not to mention my parents!

"Aunt Anna is taking us out for dinner. She wanted to know if you'd like to come," she said, and I glared at her. "I'll take that as a no," she declared, slipping through my door.

"I need a shower," I mumbled. Maybe that will calm me down and prevent me from murdering someone, which undoubtedly included Maria and Steff. Was that the grave mistake he was referring to?

I submerged myself in a long, cool soak in the bath, desperately seeking solace and a momentary escape from the torment of the past few horrifying weeks.

As I dried myself off, a sigh of contentment escaped my lips, attempting to clear my mind of the haunting memories that lingered. I slipped into a pair of matching baby pink shorts and a crop top, letting my damp hair flow freely as it dried.

The thought of curling up in my bed, seeking comfort and respite in a nap, felt like the perfect idea at that moment. Slowly, I made my way to the haven of my bedroom.

Yet, the instant I stepped into my room, an unfamiliar scent of musk assaulted my senses, immediately alerting me that something was gravely amiss.

"Bella," Kristen's husky voice murmured, his presence near the bedroom door sending shivers down my spine.