"Coming." I yell on my way to the door.

I am soon face to face with Vanessa. The Vanessa I left in Omaha years ago. She was standing in front of me. Still as beautiful as I remember her. Her piercing brown eyes that were once filled with happiness were filled with pain and sadness. All because of me.

We stare at each other for a few seconds, neither one of us knew what to do or say. She  takes a deep breath and tears start falling down her rosy pink cheeks.

It wasn't until she sobbed softly that she broke eye contact with me, immediately covering her mouth with her small hand and looking down letting her tears fall faster.

I did the one thing I always did when she cried, I engulfed her in my arms letting her cry into my chest. It took her a couple seconds to process what was going on but she eventually wrapped her arms tightly around my torso.

I didn't want to let go, its been way to long.

Vanessa

It felt good being in his arms after so long. I would have never thought I'd be hugging him after all the pain he's caused. It's surreal, I never thought I could do it.

"Hi." I whisper after pulling away and wiping my tears.

"Hey." He chuckles rubbing his face. "You wanna come in?" He asks.

"Sure." I say, as he grabbed the luggage behind me. By now, my anxiety was completely gone.

"Do you want something to eat or drink?" He asks as we walked into the kitchen.

"No I'm fine." I say looking around. "Nice apartment." I say trying to start a conversation.

"Thanks." He smiles. 

It gets quiet for a couple seconds until he speaks up.

"Look we clearly have a lot to talk about and get things off our chest." He says pointing between me and him.

"Yea."

"Let's go to my room, I'm waiting on a new couch." He says leading me down the small hallway.

"I'm just gonna start off by saying that I'm so fucking sorry, for everything." He sighs as we sit on the bed.

"For all the pain and suffering I've caused you. My mom kept me updated throughout the years and I'm truly sorry for leaving." He grabs my hand.

"Why didn't you tell me?" My stomach fills with butterflies as he rubs my thumb on my hand.

"I didn't think I would have been able to leave Omaha if I saw you. I hated seeing you cry Vanessa and you know that." He chuckles trying to lighten up the mood.

"I know, but you could have at least told me. I knew becoming someone big was your dream. I would have understood. This whole situation could have been different Sam." I sigh pulling my hand back because I couldn't focus.

"I know, and it wouldn't have done any damage to you. I'm sorry." He says, his eyes got glossy.

I put my hand on the back of his neck and pull him into my embrace. We both let the tears fall slowly.

"I hate myself for doing that to you." He says wrapping his arms around my waist.

"It's not your fault. I'm a really sensitive person. I don't handle my emotions as well as others do. It's not your fault, you had to come here." I say pulling away.

"And I should have thought about how leaving was going to affect you. I was selfish, I only cared about what I felt, and didn't think of how it could affect you." He says.

"You know, I came over here to scream at you for making me feel like shit all these years." I giggle.

"Why didn't you? I probably deserve it." He chuckles and rubs his eyes.

"Because, I realized now that I've hated you for leaving to do something that you love. I'm the selfish one. I wanted you to be with me, and that's horrible." I say as tears slowly fall down my cheeks.

"I guess we can call it even then." He chuckles wiping my tears.

"Yes we can." I laugh. 

"I'm happy you're here." He smiles.

"Me too." I smile back.