Preparation and Planning

With the plan being set into motion the family is all running around trying to get their tasks done. The makeshift home is bubbling to the brim with excitement at the upcoming ball. Valery has gone all out with the decor and the food. She went back to Potosí and bought almost every form of livestock they have. To put together a grand six course meal for what she is now calling the biggest event in the history of the world. She has started giving out orders of her own. She has nominated Seth as her sous-chef and advised Sebastian that he is going to be in charge of designing a building for her that will float around what use to be New York's town square. Since it was so heavily populated it was the first place to be evacuated when the sun flares hit. It is now one of the least populated areas of the world. It is also one of the least hit with sun flares. The original flares destroyed the buildings and the streets were left barren.

Sebastian has gotten a list of all of the world's most important people. Scientist and those who pay the scientist for better quality cloned food. They are considered upperclass or coolers while the rest of us are considered sun walkers. Valery already has the invitations sent out. They are going to all of the scientists their assistants and their families, the coolers and their families, as well as some recently found spy families. Not wanting to seem suspicious there were some random families thrown in that had very little. Clothes and transportation was provided to them so they could see the luxury they have never experienced. Sebastian is making preparations for a speech to be done that will grab the scientists attention.

Ezekiel is tucked away in his lab putting the finishing touches on the nanotechnology that James delivered to him that morning. He is tweeting some of the intelligence and finalizing the motherboard. Once satisfied he tests one out on the clone bot of himself. Ethan carries memories of a childhood similar to his so that it is not easily distinguished as a bot. Once happy with his findings Ezekiel starts working on the more dangerous part of his plan and the back up plans in case something goes wrong. So many scenarios so many ways this could go wrong but he had to be confident and thorough with his research. He has gone through everything there wasn't one scenario he hadn't thought of. So he tried to relax his anxious body and brain. Looking over at the picture of his parents that was taken while his mother was still pregnant with him. His motives resolved further and he starting putting the final touches to the plan in action.

"Hey Sebastian can you come here for a minute?" Ezekiel didn't have to yell Sebastian was a mere couple feet away from him. " I need you to write a speech stating that this ball is going to be our final stop on our campaign. That this is where we will go public with our plans for the world and that we have something important to share with only the upperclass. They will believe that I am finally coming to my senses and throwing away the sun walkers for the votes of the "better people" of the world. This should get us the results that we want in the number of people that shows up. And please send notice to all that have already agreed with out change and let them know that something big is about to happen and to be prepared for anything." Ezekiel finished his spill with a weird look that Sebastian didn't recognize on his brother but he didn't question him he nodded his head in understanding and started to put his political excellence to work. He couldn't shake the look in Ezekiel's eyes but he knew how much saving the world meant to him so he shook it off as just concern. Ezekiel let out a sigh while running his hand through his unruly curls. He needed a break. Pushing away from his desk and hovering documents he headed to the gym that he built into the home the week prior knowing that he would need some release with the upcoming events. He climbed the stairwell that led to the gym. Once inside he spoke the command to have a professional fighter and a martial arts guru bot to attack him. Once the words left his lips there wasn't a second before there were two different set of hands coming at him at once. This might seem like a death wish but for Ezekiel this was normal. This was how he blew off steam and relaxed his mind. He fought this way through loss, through pain, and through loneliness. This was how he dealt with it all. He starting pushing himself more after the death of his parents. Before hand him and his father would spar together. He taught him his stance and his form. Once his mind has cleared and he feels better he looks around and both bots have been beaten to a pulp the gears and screws lay haphazardly across the floor. He picks up the pieces and out of habit and routine he puts them back together and adds a couple of upgrades to their moves. They are learning bots so as he grows stronger so do they.

He heads to the shower to clean off the sweat, grease, and blood from his workout. The warm water flowing over his head eased his muscles and washed away the grime and his worries. His mind drifts to the pain feels in his chest, and a thought of the little brunette starts to cause a stir in him something that he is not yet ready to acknowledge. He quickly switches the water to cold sending a frigid chill down his spine awakening and sharpening his senses. He gets out of the shower and steps into the drying tube. He picked a high ponytail for his hairstyles today, he grabbed casual black pants with a white shirt for clothes. After he was dressed he headed to the kitchen to cook a meal for his family. He was unsure of the days ahead but he knew that tomorrow everything was going to kick off and he wanted to have one last meal with his family before the ball's announcement. He made a roasted duck with an assortment of vegetables and garlic herb mashed potatoes. He pulled out Valery's favorite wine and he squeezed fresh lemonade for those who didn't want wine.  Sending a bot to gather everyone for dinner he decide to set the table manually without his bots. It helped him calm his thinking so that his family didn't get the idea that anything was wrong. Because nothing was wrong everything was fine. He had it all handled. They needed to believe that this plan was going to go down without a hitch and so he plastered on his normal face and put the dishes in the middle of the table. His family was use to this while everyone usually liked to cook together with Ezekiel, he liked to surprise his family with hearty meals that fill them up.

Not long after the table had been set everyone came in chatting animatedly about their plans for the upcoming ball. They sat and thanked Ezekiel for the meal. Everyone laughed and talked about their progress and how much longer they thought it would take to get everything in order. Time passed by slowly as Ezekiel listened to his family speak, enjoying the smiles that graced their lips and committing their happy faces to memory. In two weeks time the ball will be held and the beginning of a new world will have officially taken place. He knew that the scientist were planning something but he didn't know the extent that they would go to in order to remain in control of the world. That is what this ball is going to figure. Once their plans have been revealed we will be able to finally put them to rest and build a better tomorrow. After those thoughts left his mind interacting with his family was a lot easier he joined in on the happy banter and was easily able to smile genuinely at how lucky he was to have a family like his. The jokes told, the happy smiles, the goofy laughter. These were the things he was fighting for. For other families to be able to live this carefree. Away from the prying eyes of the scientists. Away from the harsh rays of the sun. Into a better world one that actually belonged to them.

So I've finally gotten a will to write again and I am planning on concluding this book a little early. I'm not going to speed up the pace or cut things short. Maybe just going to do longer chapters. This is still only half way through the book. Hopefully you guys are enjoying it. If you liked it or if you didn't comment and let me know. I'm always looking for ways to improve.