Welcoming Ezekiel

Seth returned after a short period of time with his siblings and new friends in tow. Everyone surrounded Barbara and Ezekiel wanting to catch a glimpse of the new baby. Barbara laughs at all of the different facial expressions she sees from the kids. Sebastian looked like he was trying to decide if he wanted to touch Ezekiel or not. His hands would reach forward then go back to his sides and he looked like he was concentrating really hard on what his next move should be. Samantha was literally bouncing in her seat from the excitement of having a new baby. Hey face beamed with happiness as she made funny faces at Ezekiel. Jalen looked uncomfortable, his hand leaned in to touch Ezekiel's hand and had gotten caught in a baby tight grip. He had attempted multiple times to remove his hand without hurting Ezekiel and had now given up; his hand had now become Ezekiel's source of interest to his disappointment and his pout voiced his feelings loud and clear. Jasmine is currently looking content running her fingers through the full head of thick curly hair that Ezekiel was born with she sighs in contentment every couple of seconds. The most interesting face of all and the least surprising was Seth's face. He had a guarded look. He was sitting on the opposite side of everyone else and he was watching everything and everyone's moves. He was the protector, his eyes would occasionally flicker down to Ezekiel who would already be looking at him. A soft small would grace Seth's lips then he would go back into guard mode. Ezekiel's eyes jumped from face to face almost as if he was remembering the faces that surrounded him. When his eyes met those of his mother they started to water. Then a full on cry left his small pouty lips. Seth immediately started to coo at the newborn telling him he was okay and there wasn't anything to cry for because he would always protect him so he was fine. Ezekiel started to calm down listening to his big brother's voice. Then Seth shoos everyone out of the room and closed the door. He walks back to the bed and tells his mom that his brother is hungry then left the room to join the other children. Barbara looks down at her new born and asks, " Is that it little man were you getting grumpy because you are hungry? It's okay mommy has exactly what you need. Let's fix that tummy monster." She opens the front of her gown and he latches almost immediately hungrily drinking the milk provided to him. He suckled her breast and his eyes start to get heavy after about five minutes of feeding. Barbara sees that meeting his family and making it into this world has tired him out. She starts to hum a nameless tune that her mother use to hum to her when she was young. His lips detach and his breathing slows. She lightly pats his back to make sure he burps. He falls asleep peacefully on her chest. Seeing that it is now after ten o'clock she decides to get some well deserved rest as well.

Barbara stirs from her sleep looking to her chest to check on her resting new born only to find that he is not there. She is asleep on her side in her room, in the bed she shares with John, and she is babyless. She starts to hyperventilate she quickly rotates making  sure that she didn't roll over in her sleep and crush her baby. When she doesn't see Ezekiel under her she doesn't know whether to be relieved or panicked. She rolls out of the bed and feels the pain of the stitches between her legs. She makes a mental note for the helperbots to come spray her with a healing agent once she finds out where her baby boy is. She waddles to the living room feeling weird not having a small human inside of her anymore. The sight in front of her melted her heart and slowed her quickly beating heart. John was laying on the couch with it reclined all the way back. Ezekiel was on his chest, Seth was laying on his right shoulder and a protective hand on Ezekiel's back and his other hand was gripped by Ezekiel who was using one of Seth's fingers as a substitute for a pacifier. Samantha was laying across the couch with her head on her Dad's lap and she was holding one of Ezekiel's little feet. Sebastian was laying with his feet by his Father's head and his head on his left father's left leg. John had his arm wrapped around Sebastian's leg and his hand was on top of Seth's hand providing extra protection to Ezekiel's back. His other arm was acting as a chair for Seth while his hand was on Samantha's shoulder. She took a mental picture and went back to bed.

When the kids woke up they instantly started to talk to the new baby. Their talking stirred John from his sleep. Looking down at his children his heart warmed at how quickly his triplets had adjusted to having a younger sibling and him not being a multiple. He chuckled at the things the kids decided that Ezekiel needed to know. His chuckle startled everyone and the laughter and talking stopped. All eyes met their fathers, even Ezekiel's eyes looked up and met his. John's cheeks turned pink at all of the attention. "Good morning my beautiful children I'm sorry if I interrupted an important meeting, how about I go wake mommy up and we can fix breakfast while you continue to fill Ezekiel in on all the must knows of the world," he said quickly in a bit of a pitchy tone. They all nodded and he stood up keeping a hand under Ezekiel and moving the other to support his head. He called for a baby seat and a helperbot came in with a baby chair. This chair floated and bounced. It was the most helpful seat ever for new parents. It can be programmed to go anywhere and it has an automatic soothing setting which basically starts to play soothing womb sounds and slightly bounce when the baby gets fussy. He left the helperbot with the kids and went to go wake up Barbara. He was walking to the room when he hears movement in the kitchen. He walked towards the kitchen instead and he smells french toast and bacon. He sees his wife and Valery already making breakfast. They are laughing and talking about some of their old outings. He walks in and wraps his arms around his wife from behind and kisses her cheek lovingly. He separates after hearing an awe now that will definitely be one for the picture books. He blushes and Barbara kisses his cheek and tells him to go get the kids. He walks back to the living room and sees the kids having a legitimate meeting. Baby Ezekiel is in the middle of a semicircle and his eyes are focused on whomever is speaking at the time as if he actually understands them. John can not help but to take a mental video before he interrupts them again. He stops when it looks like the meeting is about to be adjourned. He steps into sight and tells them that breakfast is ready. The kids all run to the dinner tablet Seth is lingering behind to make sure that the baby seat is following him. He keeps telling the seat to be careful with his little brother. 

After everyone enjoys their breakfast and has had the syrup and milk wiped off of their faces they head to the play room. Seth pouted all the way to the playroom because Barbara says that Ezekiel needs to have his diaper changed. After Ezekiel is all cleaned up he is placed back in his seat and he is placed in front of the window for him to see that it is raining again outside. He looks so focused on every rain drop. When James runs in screaming that he found something everyone should see. Ezekiel is startled to the point of tears and loud screams. Upon hearing his cry the triplets run into the room lead by Seth. They all drop to their knees in front of him and he instantly relaxes at seeing his siblings. James profusely apologizes to the glaring siblings and calls for the adults to come with him. They went into the photo room where all of the mental pictures are developed. He started by doing a little history on the MPD or Mental Photo Developer. "Every time a person is born their MPD production starts. How ever it is not normally in working condition until you reach at least five or six. The user has to be able to understand what is going on around them and has to be able to comprehend that the moment they are capturing is a fleeting moment. It was meant to replace cameras and cellular devices putting a lens between family fun and the person taking the picture. I came in here a couple of minutes ago to put together a year one photo album for Ezekiel. I was putting in pictures from all of our MPDs and I heard a ring indicating another picture was ready. I was already looking at all of the adult's MPDs so of course I was excited to see which of our children is developing so quickly. I checked everyones and this one I didn't recognize. So I looked at the MPD and found a couple of pictures a few videos and a list titled things to know. I was shocked because the MPD was only created to capture what you see not what you think but take a look at this," James stated all of this so quickly that once he was done he was out of breath. Everyone passed around the first photo, the first video, and the list. The first photo was a picture of Barbara looking down lovingly at the capturer. The video is of darkness but you could hear Barbara humming a soft tune. This video was from inside the womb. The list had things like remember to give the nasty food to the helperbots. Do not forget to tell mommy she is pretty and you love her. Always hide your toys from Jalen because he will chew on them. John remembers hearing some of these thing being discussed in the children's "meeting" with Ezekiel. Barbara's mouth was still agape at the video. They had all came to the conclusion that Ezekiel was a genius there was no doubt about it. But the question was how much does he understand they would have to watch what they said around him just in case his comprehension level is as high as his thought process.