Your Genius is Showing

Today was hotter than others it was now around the time of year that use to be called summer. Around this time of year the suns normal rays are about as deadly as the sun flares. But the sun flares normally happen around what use to be called winter. It's significantly cooler around that time of year the outside of the dome only heats up to about 140 degrees Fahrenheit. All of the oasis animals are staying away from to the watering hole trying to keep cool by lounging in the shade of the trees.

The children are in inside laying under their personal body coolers. The personal body cooler is a spherical device that allows you to pick which temperature you would like to feel and it rotates like an orbit around you to keep the air around you the temperature that you have chosen. Valery and Barbara are in the kitchen making frozen drinks for the kids. All seems well in the lovely abode. All except where are the men and little Ezekiel. Well that's an easy answer they are in the lab with their body coolers on full blast. Ezekiel is watching with amazement, seeing first hand how the dome works. The material that the dome is not made of precious metals. It has mini bots flowing all through it. The mini bots send data back to the lab and help neutralize hotspots. But something wasn't right. The hotspot close to the watering hole was growing. It was looking like even the bots couldn't stand the heat. James pulls up the last recorded data for that area only to find that the bots were fried before the data made it to them which was not a good sign. James and John shared a perplexing look that Ezekiel did not miss. Then then pressed a small button on their body coolers and it stuck to their shirt and expanded. It crawled along their body and conformed to their shape. They set their body suit to a colder temperature and got some material together. Once all packed up and everything they thought they might need was placed in their cube they headed towards the door. John looked back to tell Ezekiel to go and play with the other kids but when they turned little Ezekiel had found the secret button and was suited up and ready for the mission that he just saw come together.

Ezekiel walked ahead of them once he made it to the door that led to the stairwell he pointed to the button that he had added to his suit while his father and his father weren't looking. It was a metallic button on his chest that cloaked him from the world around him. He know at his young age his mothers would have the moon if they knew that his fathers took him out to fix the dome but he was not about to miss this opportunity. Looking at his fathers he said, "This button I have added to my suit is for protection from animals and from my mothers." He chuckled a little at the comparison of a momma lion protecting her cub. "It will help me get out of the house unnoticed and it will keep me safe from the animals. A couple of years ago I built a bit that could act as a stand in for me in case I wanted to go exploring on my own. We will leave that bot here to fill in for me so that my mothers will not worry. TOM BOT!!"

A small bot came hovering into the room. Ezekiel put in a pattern on its back and then stepped back. It started to unfold itself and once it had gotten the same height as Ezekiel then it reached in its stomach and took out what looked to be a body cooler. It closed it's stomach and stuck the body cooler on its chest. Then Ezekiel put in a code on the body cooler and it stretched just as the body cooler suit had done to them but once fully covering the bots body it shared the face and features with Ezekiel. John and James were both in shock they had seen cloning before but nothing like this. Ezekiel made a couple alterations around the neck of the clone bot and told it to speak. When it did the James had to look twice to remember which boy was real and which was artificial the voice matched perfectly with his godson's voice and the facial features were an exact replica. You would think that they were twins. John looked at what he knew to be his son and asked him when and how he created this. Ezekiel replied that he created it when he was two he was messing around with the bots electronic make up and wanted to see what all of the hype was about with having a twin so he made one and kept it for just in case purposes. He even added its own genetic make up close enough to his to be considered a twin but not close enough to be considered a clone. That way if they were ever found out then he wouldn't look like a little boy he would look like a twin. He advised them that he would go into further detail after they got back he saw all of the questions and pride in their eyes but they had forgotten that their livelihood was at stake with this breach in the dome.

He pushed them to the stairwell and walked behind them after pushing his cloaking button. As they made it to the bottom of the stares they looked back and watched what they assumed was the original Ezekiel following behind them. Ezekiel ran to his mom and wrapped himself around her leg. She smiled down at him and asked him did he want to help. Barbara looked up and noticed the two men in the doorway and knew they were going to fix whatever was making it so hot. She nodded towards them as they left the house.
John walked out the door followed my James and they made there way outside. They started to walk towards the watering hole thinking that Ezekiel chose to stay behind. Making it to the water hole they see that it is worse than previously expected. There is an actual hole in the dome and it is focusing the sun's rays directly into the water hole. The water is almost completely depleted and it is boiling hot so all of the fish and other aquatic animals are floating on the surface dead. Quickly closing the distance to the hole they start to feel the true effects of the focused heat. They turn down the temperature of their cool suits a bit more to at least keep them from sweating. They make it halfway to the hole when they see Ezekiel materialize close to the hole. Seeing him so close to danger has them picking up their pace. Ezekiel pulls out a specially made cube that he created a couple of days ago to harness the ray for further study and understanding. Once he had captured some of the ray's essence he took several steps back and examined the cube. He actually expected for the cube to become unstable but it was holding the rays without the heat effecting his hands or the cube. He walked over to the water hole and saw small aquatic animals still swilling in the boiling hot water. He took out a different colored cube and raised it in the air it floated a while above him then dived into the water where the aquatic animals were previously swimming. It floated back to the top of the water and shoot itself dry and floated back to Ezekiel's hand again not burning him. He looked over at his father and godfather and laughed at the shocked expression that they both held. "You guys might want to go ahead and patch that up before the water completely evaporates." He walks away laughing to himself and makes his way back home.

John was the first to snap out of his shock and he elbowed James. They took the patch and measured out the amount that they needed and compared it to the hole. The face protector of their suit has a built in protractor and calculator. They threw the measured pieces towards the hole and it cupped itself around the ray to avoid it from reflecting and hurting anyone or anything. It then slowly started to melt into place covering the hole and it now looks as if there was never a hole. The dome starts to immediately recalibrate itself and bring back the original temperature and the it starts to cloud up to rain and refill the water hole.

When the make it back home they asked were Ezekiel was and they were pointed to his room. When they made into Ezekiel's room they see that he has both cubes in a container that is feeding data to a Virtual book that Ezekiel was editing as the data was coming in. For the second time today both men stood with their mouths open in shock at the level of genius this small child was showing. Who would have thought that a 4 year old would have the capability to not only understand such complex equations but to solve them so quickly and efficiently was unheard of. Both mean tried to keep up with what was popping up on the virtual screen in front of them and the changes that Ezekiel was making to them. Eventually they just took a seat to wait for him to finish since they were at a loss trying to figure out what was going on.

Their brains were fried and he was clearly way ahead of them with whatever he was working on. Every now and again a little square would fly over to him look over his shoulder then fly into the wardrobe.