"Faith Offends People...."

This is Faith

     This is Faith. Faith has been an honor student for the last 7 years of her life. Faith is 19. Faith has worked office assistant jobs and internships for the last 3 years. Faith has been dedicating the last 10 years of her life to writing poetry, fiction, and autobiographies. Faith won the Academy of American Poets Award for her poem, "Someday I'll Love Faith Smith." Faith was a journalist for Valparaiso University's student-run newspaper The Torch. Faith is also a published poet in Valparaiso University's Fall 2018 issue of their literary magazine, The Lighter, with her poem, "Pages of my Diary." Faith finished a completed book of a collection of her poems, short stories, and journal entries also entitled, "Pages of my Diary," which inspired her poem. Again, Faith is 19. Faith is also very passionate, and she avoids confrontation as best as she can. Faith spreads love, positivity, and care to everyone she loves and even strangers. Faith is very helpful, loyal, and dedicated to her purpose. Faith is comfortable with being Faith. 

     Unfortunately, Faith offends people. Faith is looked at as the most disgusting creature that has ever walked this earth, and no matter how hard Faith tries to look beautiful, she can never fully feel it with eyes picking every part of her apart wherever she goes. Faith might be a published and award-winning poet, but Faith is still treated as if she and her writing will never be good enough to matter to a profession compared to a doctor, a graphic designer, or anything for that matter. Faith is good enough to work in somebody's fast-food chain, but Faith is not worthy to work any job outside of that because Faith offends people. Faith has a unique style, but people are uncomfortable with Faith being comfortable in her skin. Faith is treated as if her existence does not amount to anything, and she doesn't have a place on this earth.  Although Faith is nonconfrontational, Faith is still approached with drama and negativity. People judge Faith and never get to know Faith because they are convinced Faith offends people. Faith can smile all day and night, but Faith's smile makes people run more. 

     Faith is either too black or not black enough. Faith is either too soft or not soft enough. Faith is either halfway in or Faith's access is denied before she even makes it to the door. Faith is not worth your time, because you are convinced Faith will offend you. Faith wants patience, time, and affection, but no one knows this because nobody asks what Faith wants. Faith never gets what she wants, but Faith has no problem giving other people what they want. Faith loves people, but Faith has adapted resting bitch face to keep people away from her because Faith knows people already have made their minds up about her, so Faith would rather be alone than be judged and shunned without reason. Because since Faith offends people, she is not beautiful. Faith is the nasty shit you find on the bottom of your shoes, or at least that's how they treat the nonoffensive offensive person. Faith is rediscovering self-love and self-confidence, but Faith sometimes gets discouraged, and today isn't any different. 

     I am Faith. Faith is me. My name is Faith, and I offend people. Nice to meet you. 

Copyrights ©  2019 All Rights Reserved