Marry Me?

#Imagine August taking you out for your anniversary date and he proposes!

Your POV

Today is the day. That very special day, to be exact. This was the first day a year ago that I laid eyes on my amazing boyfriend, August Alsina. This was the day where he made flirty eyes with me and continuously made me blush, just last year. Look where we are now.

"Happy anniversary baby.'' August said covering my eyes with his hands.

This made me giggle. "Happy anniversary to you too boo. But...I can't see.'' I point out, giggling some more.

August kissed my cheek. "I know, and that's because I have a surprise for you. Keep your eyes closed.'' he instructed, removing his hands from my eyes.

I did what I was told, and waited until I heard the footsteps of August enter the room again. "What are you up to?" I asked him.

Even though I couldn't see him, I knew August was smirking. "You'll see.''

Just then, I felt something cold rest on the very top of my chest and August's hands at the back of my hand, like he was hooking something. Once he was finished, the sofa sunk in next to me and a pair of arms found their way around my waist.

"You can open your eyes now babe.'' August whispered in my ear, sending chills down my spine.

I opened my eyes and looked down, noticing a gold necklace around my neck and a diamond 'A' hanging from it. I looked over at August, who had a proud smile on his face, which made me smile as well.

"A necklace with your initials on it, how sweet. I love it baby.'' I say, sitting in August's lap so I was facing him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

He leaned forward to peck my lips a few times. "Go get dressed. I have another surprise out back.'' he announced.

I grinned. "You and your surprises.''

I stood up and was about to walk past August, but of course he couldn't keep his hands off me, so he felt the need to smack my butt as I walked past and headed upstairs to the room we shared. I changed into this tight black dress, still wearing his gift, and some black red bottoms before straightening my long black hair, applying red lipstick lightly to my lips and making sure my appearance was everything August would like. Once I felt confident about my outfit, I slowly sashayed my way down the stair case, with August waiting for me at the bottom.

"You look absolutely beautiful.'' August complimented, taking my hands with his and giving me a small twirl.

I smiled. "Why, thank you. I try.'' I teased.

August bit his bottom lip, looking me up and down, which made me blush. He lead the way outside to the backyard, still holding my hand, and I noticed a lot. Red and white candles lined the border of the fence and there were rose pedals scattered across the lawn. There was a dinner table set up as well, with two chairs on either side of it, two wine glasses, and food that was covered by the fancy silver tops. It was beautiful.

"You are so romantic. This is just amazing.'' I blurted.

August let off a chuckle. "I'm glad you like it. After you.'' he says, pulling out my chair.

I sat down and he then gently pushed it up, walking over to the other side of the table to sit across from me. We smiled at each other, looking into each other's eyes. August had cooked up this amazing French meal and for dessert it was Italian strawberries with Switzerland white chocolate. We ate, talked, laughed, and fed each other from time to time. This night was perfect, but then August stood up.

"You know, we've been together a whole year now, and I know everything about you.'' August started.

I nodded, smiling a little. "You sure do, even the things I'm afraid to ever share with my family.'' I confirmed.

August took my hand with his. "I know when you tilt your head lightly to the left, that means your said. I know when you get mad, your cheeks turn a bright red. I even know when you're in the mood for you know what, you start talking a little naughty.'' he continued, grinning.

I lightly pushed his arm. "Do not.'' I objected, playfully pouting.

August chuckled again, kissing my bottom lip then looking into my eyes. "But you know what I like? I like waking up and looking over to the most beautiful girl in the world. I like it when you want to slow dance in the ran. And I like the way you treat my niece like she's your own.'' he added.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "That's really sweet. Where is this heading to?"

August then did what I never expected him to do. He got down on one knee, pulling out a small blue velvet box from his pocket and opened it, revealing a beautiful diamond ring. I gasped, covering my mouth with my free hand.

"Y/N, I can't go another day being worried that this relationship might only be temporary, because I love you. I more than love you....I'm in love with you baby. I want to wake up to you everyday, just to see you smile when you find out I cooked breakfast for you. I want to spend the rest of my life with the woman I feel in love with on this day a year ago. What I'm trying to say is, Y/F/N(Your Full Name), will you marry me?"

Tears clouded my eyes and I began to smile. "I would love to marry you August, especially after all this.'' I accepted.

August sighed with relief, slipping the ring on my finger and standing up to give me a passionate, comforting, deep kiss. This turned out to be the best anniversary ever! In six months I'm going to officially be Mrs. Alsina :)