4b. The Tug Of War

Jennifer cupped his nape and pulled him closer as she sucked all the moisture out of his lips, but it was when she fisted his luscious hair and tugged at it that Harshad's trance broke. Before he knew, he had pulled Jennifer's waist and deepened the kiss, making her smile in the kiss. He could feel the desire running through his system and she knew well the heat that was pooling in her stomach. They broke when their lungs gave up but the way Jennifer looked at him, Harshad had goosebumps.

Yet, the major fact about Harshad Chopda was that he couldn't keep his heart out of any decisions, not even lust. And right now, even in the middle of that heated encounter, he remembered the hurt in his heart and more than that, he wasn't sure what this women he had fallen for was upto. Sure shot, he didn't want it to be her drunken mistake and a regret forever.

So he took two steps back, averting his eyes as he tried to calm down his racing heartbeats and tired lungs. Jennifer smiled, because from whatever she knew of this man, she was expecting exactly this.

"Jennifer-", Harshad found his voice again and looked up only to find Jennifer walking upto him and looping her arms around his neck.

"Jenny!", her voice was barely a whisper.

Harshad frowned, why was she telling him her name and it made her chuckle. For someone his age, he had a childish innocence at times.

"Others call me Jennifer. My loved ones call me Jenny", she cleared the air and watched his eyes go wide. He stared at her, unblinking, taking her words in.

What the fuck did 'my loved ones' mean?

Was she calling him a friend? Was she trying to friendzone him after the moment they just shared?

Jennifer watched his adam's apple bob and it only made her eyes go darker. This man was going to be the death of her someday.

Harshad sucked in a sharp breath when she out of nowhere, sucked on his neck, his adam's apple and kissed him there. His hands automatically went around her waist, holding her in place while she continued her mini assault all over his nape.

But when her nails began to fiddle with his shirt buttons, Harshad stopped her and put in some distance. Turning his back to her, he took in a deep breath to hold down all the erratic thoughts crossing his mind.

"Jennif-", he stopped midway and turned to face her again, "jenny, if this is about just this night then please, don't pull me in", his eyes held every bit of the respect for her but he couldn't put his self respect down either.

"Why? You just said I am THE jennifer Winget, then why is a night with me not exciting to you?", Jennifer smirked at him, clearly enjoying teasing him. His eyes were the mirror to his soul and she could clearly see his haywire emotions in them.

Now Harshad was a very calm and composed person, but only until he was. Once he let his rage rule him, his anger knew no sanity.

The previous encounters with Jennifer had not only hurt him but also angered him. He knew why she was suddenly backing out. He knew why she was running away from whatever they had shared for almost a year and a half now and he had always been very considerate to her wounds and scars. But the knowledge that even after knowing him so well she was comparing what they had with what she had with her ex husband, he was definitely infuriated in the deeper corners of his heart. And Jenny's smirk only put hot oil into the fire.

Which was why, before Jennifer could react, Harshad pulled her by her elbow and slammed her into the parapet, yet taking care to not hurt her as he looked deep into her eyes which were right now shocked.

"If you could just even know how one night with you sound, you will be screaming my name in pleasure right here Ms. Winget, and I will take you to a high you haven't even known ever without caring that your closest pals are right here, separated by just a curtain. Don't instigate me because it's not like I can't slam right into you, here, I can but I am choosing not to", Harshad gritted his teeth as he spoke in a dangerously low voice, all his pent up emotions flowing free.

Leaving her, he turned abruptly cursing to himself. Why did he have to fall for this woman only? The one who doesn't seem to care about the mess she is creating with his emotions!

He was almost about to leave when Jennifer clasped his wrist, stopping him again. Rounding half circle to face him, she stared right into his eyes.

"Why are you choosing not to?", Jennifer's voice was calm but it seemed like the calm before the storm.

"Jenny don't", Harshad's voice was barely a whisper. He knew he was not in control of his mind at the moment.

"No, tell me. Why is your desires less important to you than my respect?", Jennifer demanded and he averted his eyes.

"Jenny let me go, please", Harshad tried to free his hand but failed.

"Answer me Chopda, why Am I important?", Jennifer stressed, her grip on his hand tighter than she meant to and somehow her persistant voice drove him over the edge.

"Because I am a fucking idiot who could not keep his heart away from his work. Because like so many people I fell in love with you, and I had the audacity to fucking hope that maybe you did too", Harshad shouted, making her go completely still. He was really thankful to the loud music out or everyone would have gathered right here at his voice. Jennifer let his hand go and he immediately rubbed his hand over his face, embarrassed at confessing it like this. He desperately needed to do damage control.

"Jennifer I am sorry, I didn't want you to find out and it's not your burden. I got it from your actions and I won't trouble you anymore-", he was interuppted again as Jennifer pulled the lapels of his shirt and finding her in such close proximity was enough to sush him.

A smile began to form on her face as she took in his confused face, and his heavenly scent. She was thoroughly amused at the way he lost his cool because she knew Harshad didn't usually curse, not aloud, not so frequent, and the knowledge that she affected him this bad, only widened her smile.

"I always told you no Harshad you are too much. Too much thinking about every decision, too much planning! Being spontaneous helps, like now. Finally I heard what I wanted to", she pecked his cheek and watched him go from confused to downright shocked.

"Despite the ass I behaved like in the last week Mr. Chopda and I am hoping you will forgive me for that, I want you to know that It's not only you. I fell for you too. And I am happiest I did because you are you. Never question or belittle yourself, especially concerned to me because I love you. I love you so fucking much that It messes me up to hear anything negative about you. Okay?", Harshad didn't know if he was in heaven or earth as he heard Jennifer's Confession.

His Jennifer's Confession.

She loved him.

That was all it took for him to turn her around and kiss the hell out of her, to which she equally reciprocated. They savoured each other like anything and he rubbed her bare thighs while deepening the kiss and she moaned into his mouth, giddy with happiness.

Finally, lack of oxygen made them break apart and Jennifer touched her forehead with his, while both smiled, their eyes twinkling.

They were both heated up. Both wanted more.

But they were in a freaking balcony.

Harshad had only known Jennifer's daring nature, that moment he saw it as She dragged him out, giving no hoots to her smudged lipstick or the fact that his lips had the same shade as hers.

"Guys, we are together. And also, don't disturb", Harshad sucked in a deep breath as Jennifer announced to her group and before anyone could even react she was dragging him out of the house to her car.

Naihal and Ani only laughed out loud while others hooted and chuckled and sang in happiness, most of them already drunk.

Finally, Atleast both their friends were happy and content. That's all they wanted!

Note: I have no idea what I wrote 🤣🤣🙈🙈. But I am hoping you will enjoy! This was the second and last part to this os.