Chapter 18

Chapter 18...
NO P.O.V...
END OF FLASHBACK...
"...And that's what happened... with Leo..." Astrid breathed out a sigh of relief and pain from reliving the memories. She was sat in the corner of the den with her knees up to her chest and her eyes staring infornt of her. Images of that night kept repeating in her head.
Silence.
Hiccup couldn't believe what he heard... how could Leo so something like this? Why? He looked over at Astrid, his lips slightly open. He tried to speak but no sound could be made nor leave his lips. Shock just took over him.
Astrid looked at him with pain and sorrow in her eyes. Hiccup's face didn't change at all as she looked at him. After a few seconds she let out a small sigh and burried her head intk her knees, wrapping her arms around her, holding her body.
Silence.
"What... What about the rest of the weekend? What happened?" Hiccup managed to get out as he turned back, fiddling with his fingers.
"Not a lot, I stayed inside. I couldn't leave or everyone would see what he did. No one can know... NO ONE!"
"What did you do? Did Leo come back? Did he get you agai- ?!?!"
"-No, no Hiccup... luckily he didn't come back the weekend. Probably out with his gang as usual. I just stayed in my room... too afraid to leave. E-Everytime I went to leave my room and open my door, I kept imagining Leo standing behind it... waiting to... hurt me." Astrid's voice began to break as she muffled.
"Where were your parents?"
"They're away on a business trip in Australia... won't be back for a few weeks."
"Why... why didn't you call me? Or text me? Or... or-"
"Hiccup I couldn't do that! I was too afraid Leo was gonna find out and he said he would punish me if I said anything to anyone, mainly you! If... if he finds out hes gonna come for me... and... you too..." She looked up at him with her watery eyes.
"I won't let that happen..." he looked back into her ocean eyes. He meant every word. Astrid turned her head away to him, looking out a gap in the wooden structure, staring out to the sky and birds in the other trees.
"Show me..." Hiccup said.
"What?"
"Show me what he did to you..."
"No Hic-"
"-Please Astrid... Please..." Hiccup put his hand on hers.
After a few moments of silence, she gave in... "ok"
Astrid slowly stood up, moving in front of Hiccup where he also stood up. They were now face to face. He gave her a gentle nod before she took a breath. She began to take her jumper off.
As Hiccup watched, everything moved in slow motion. Her jumper slowly slipped off her body, where she had a long sleeved top on. She then began to shake as she lifted up her top carefully. Hiccup could see the fear in her moment so he gently held onto her hand, helping her remove her piece of clothing. When her top was off, Hiccup took a step back in shock, covering his mouth with his hand. Her stomach, chest and back were covered in a display of purple, blue ,red, yellow and green bruises. Each one came in a range of sizes and unique shape but each had the same reasoning for their existence. Hiccup moved forward slowly reaching his hand out to touch her bruised skin. He gently brushed the bruises where she gasped in pain a little before he would immediately take his hand away. His hand moved to cup her cheek. Tears formed in his eyes as he watched the continuous tears fall down her cheeks. She suddenly broke into tears, finally feeling free, a weight lifted off her shoulders... She finally told someone, rather than bottling up the pain and suffering inside. But she still felt scared of Leo and what he could do to her if he found out about this. Right now though, she didn't care... because she had Hiccup.
He bought her quickly and carefully into a hug, stroking her gently. They held on tight and cried together. Hiccup kissed her head as her eyes closed in his closure. He then closed his eyes and whispered as the sun began to set.
"I promise you Astrid, you will get though this... you just need to keep going and hold on..."