Waves - Boyf Riends

Michael walked across the beach as the waves crept to him. He looked up and saw the stars. The stars he used to look up at with someone special. Someone so special to him. He walked across this very beach with that person. Just recently, Michael and his husband, Jeremy got into a big argument about budget and bills. So Michael went out for a short stress-relief-time-drive to the beach. The married couple's favorite place, of course. The place where they always spend their free time together whenever they can. But due to work and fights about bills they never really had enough time to spend time with each other. Even at home, they were too busy with work to even talk to each other sometimes. They only ever talk when there's some kind of issue with the house, the money, and the bills. Most times they ate alone because the other was most likely working in another room in the house. So, while Jeremy was passed out from almost over exhaustion at home Michael was walking around the beach. 

Michael thought about how important this beach was to him. This beach was the summary on how he and Jeremy grew together. How when they we kids they built sandcastles here. How when they were in 7th grade they bought some slushies from the nearest 7-Eleven and ran all the way to the beach. How when Michael finally got his driver's license and drove him and Jeremy there. How Michael asked Jeremy to be his boyfriend on this very beach. How he and Jeremy escaped another Jake house party by coming here and dancing along to random love songs from Jeremy's favorite musicals. How Jeremy proposed to Michael on this beach. How they got married on this beach.  Everything to them happened on this beach. Michael remembered the times he made Jeremy pose in front of the blazing setting  sun. The many times Jeremy painted random things he and Michael found on the beach. This beach was so important to the both of them. Then Michael's phone rang. Jeremy was calling, of course.

"Hello?" Michael said into the phone, sitting down on the soft sand.  
"Mike, come home." Jeremy said.
"Later. I need some time to think." Michael said, gathering a pile of sand in front of him.
"You always have time to think. I miss you, a lot." Jeremy whined. Michael could hear Jeremy's fist punch the mattress of their bed in a whiny way.
"You always have me, why do you need me so much now?" Michael asked.
"Because I'm in desperate need of cuddles...?" Jeremy giggled. Jeremy is, of course, cute and stuff, but Michael was still salty about their fight.
"Cuddle yourself." Jeremy made a whiny noise.
"Michaaaaaa!" He whined.
"I'll see you later." Then Michael ended the call before Jeremy could say anything or whine again. Then Michael receives a text.

Boyf💖:
I hate you

Riends 😞👌🌿💖:
Hate you too 💖

Boyf💖:
💖 Come back home

Riends😞👌🌿💖:
Later

Boyf💖:
PLEEEEAAASEEE???

Riends😞👌🌿💖:
No

Boyf💖:
Where are uuuuuu

Riends😞👌🌿💖:
The beach

Michael turned his phone off then let himself fall on the sand. He didn't care that the sand was going to be in his hair and on his clothes, all he wanted to do was realx for the first time in a few months. He let his eyes close, not a care in the world.

"...Michael. Michael. MICHAEL MELL!!!" Michael sat up quickly in surprise. In front of him was Jeremy.
"Hey..." Michael said, wiping his hands on his pants. Jeremy sighed, rolling his eyes as he sat in front of Michael. He reached his hand out to remove the sand in Michael's hair.

Once Jeremy had Michael stand so he could help his stupid, sandy husband remove the sand from his clothes, Jeremy finally spoke.

"Let's go home, okay?" Jeremy said softly. Michael sighed. He wanted to stay at the quiet beach longer but he knew Jeremy would want to go home. So, Michael just nodded quietly. Jeremy smiled softly, interwining his fingers with Michael's in a slow and nervous way. Michael squeezed his husband's hand tightly as they walked back to Michael's PT Cruiser.

Michael started the engine since he forced Jeremy, that he was going to drive them both home, and Jeremy didn't have to drive.

"Hey, Mike. I'm sorry." Jeremy almost whispered. Michael nodded. Jeremy scratched the back of his neck, it wasn't very Michael to give Jeremy a silent treatment. "Micha, really, I'm sorry for shouting. I've just been so stressed with everything lately and my team members suck and they aren't cooperating and I'm the leader of the team and you know how that feels!" Jeremy explained. He was hurt when Michael just nodded, emotionless.

"Michael... I'm sorry..." Jeremy said as Michael parked the PT cruiser in their driveway. Michael nodded. They both got out, silent. Jeremy was really worried. Michael usually said sorry back immediately. This is the first time that Michael was silent. Once they entered their home Jeremy hugged Michael from behind. He snuggled closer to Michael. Michael rested his hands on Jeremy's, then tried to pull them off his waist. But Jeremy only held onto Michael tighter, hiding his face on the crook of Michael's neck.

"Jeremy, stop." Michael said.
"I'm sorry." Jeremy replied.
"I know," Michael rolled his eyes.
"I love you." Jeremy cooed.
"I know," Michael replied.
"I love you so much, Michael."
"I know you do."
"I love you more than anything in the world, Michael." Jeremy hugged his husband tighter if that was possible.
"Yes, I know," Michael rolled his eyes once again.
"I love you so, so, so much." Jeremy rocked them both back and forth.
"Stop it."
"No."
"Stop." Jeremy giggled and kissed Michael's neck but Michael did not crack a smile.
"C'mon, you know you love me." Michael didn't reply. Then he just dragged Jeremy upstairs with him, not a care in the world.

Michael closed the bedroom door behind them then finally pulling Jeremy off his body. He took his shoes off, placing them by the door then getting into bed. Jeremy watched all of this happen, and it happened with silence. But he quickly did the same thing as Michael then sitting next to his husband on their bed. Michael rolled to the other side of the bed, back facing Jeremy. Jeremy sighed, tears pricking his eyes.

"Michael, I'm sorr-"
"I know you are." Michael cut him off.
"M-"
"Shut up." Jeremy, of course, shutted the hell up. Jeremy just buried himself alive in the covers, trying not to start sobbing uncontrollably.
"I love you, Michael." Jeremy whispered.
"I know," Michael said.

Michael never changed after that one fight.
Jeremy wished he could take back what he said. But he just couldn't.

"I should've left you in that bathroom if I knew this was going to happen in the future!!!"