#chap47 #chroniclesoflife #Sagas_by_Irvika #sweetlovestory

Start from the beginning

As Anilji was there in Mumbai, Mr Parmar called up to ask about their progress. As soon as he came to know about their predicament, he quickly suggested, “There is a beautiful ground right near my house. As it would be a winter wedding, the atmosphere is bound to be pleasant enough for the ceremony to be held on an open ground.”

Dilipji and Anilji reached the venue to be met by Mr Parmar over there. The ground was quite huge and easily accessible from the main highway for convenience. They all agreed and heaved a sigh of relief as they had started worrying about the lack of availability of good venues. The dates for sangeet and Mehandi were also finalised in accordance, so as to not delay further preparations. Dilipji had wished to hold Sangeet ceremony in their locality and thankfully, the banquet that he had in mind was available for 21st of January. They immediately froze the date and venue for the same and felt as if a major task had been accomplished.

Shruti was to go to Shah’s Residence a week before Diwali as they were yet to go to the designer for her reception outfit as well as Sangeet. The days were having wings of their own and Shruti felt as if even 24 hours were less. She was scurrying around to get her stuff done. For Nainaa’s wedding, she had been equally active and the work had seemed to be divided. This time, it was all on Shruti’s shoulders since Nainaa was married and in Mumbai. Priyanka did help her though, as much as she could. This had taken a toll on her, which had led her to shed a couple of kgs more combined with her strict diet and workout. She kept justifying whenever her mom mentioned about it, that she was eating healthy and cutting down on the calories, that’s it.

Before she knew, it was already time to go to Mumbai. The packing took up quite some time, as she would be staying there for almost 10 days this time. Also, they will be going out a lot… adding the festive clothes and accessories to that, it ended up into 2 bags as she didn’t prefer carrying one huge one. The lovebirds were glad to see each other.

By the time she reached home, it was already 8 p.m. and in a short while they had their meal and were done. This time around Mrs. Shah seemed to have accepted much better that Shruti would be sleeping in the boys room and didn’t create a scene, much to Shruti’s relief.

Post dinner, Shruti, Atharva and Minish were in the room flicking through the channels when Shruti insisted, “Sports channel please! US open tennis tournament is going on… should be interesting.” And all three settled down to watch the championship which kept them glued for long. It was a nail biting match between the 19 year old sensation, Maria Sharapova and Justine Henin Hardenne. During the match, Shruti animatedly said, “Papa loves following football and tennis… I remember me and papa arguing about who will win in between Martina Navratilova and Steffi Graf in one of their matches. I used to adore Steffi… she was so cute whereas Martina had that attitude to match her harsh obnoxious looks. No offence, but I always favoured Steffi.”

Atharva and Minish were quite surprised to listen to her talking so spiritedly about it, more so as she was describing about her banter with her dad. They couldn’t even dream about having that kind of a conversation with their dad.

It was pretty late in the night by the time the match got over. In between, Minish had received a call and he went out of the room, talking to someone in hushed tones and Shruti gave Atharva a ‘told you’ glance. Atharva simply shrugged and before he could comment, Minish came in. Atharva felt like asking his brother, but then refrained from doing so.

Meanwhile, Maria finally ended defeating Henin, won her second Grand Slam final title and was bathing in her success. However, before the match got over, Atharva had gone to sleep and both Minish and Shruti grinned seeing him.

They were going through the highlights of the game as Shruti wanted to see, since they had missed the start. Little did Shruti know that Minish was having a battle of words with his beloved, Rhea. She had wanted to talk to him, since it was only at night that they would have a talk. Minish had come out of the room and told her in a hurried tone, which had pissed off Rhea. He had promised that he will call her up in a while and had gone back to the room. When she again messaged him to talk, Minish replied, ‘Not now love. Atharva has slept, bhabhi is awake and it would look odd if I go out. So keeping her company.’ Rhea fumed and texted, ‘What kind of a person is your brother?! I mean seriously… his fiancée is visiting and he coolly goes to sleep?!’ Minish suppressed a chuckle and wanted to defend his brother, but knew that Rhea was right. He naughtily replied, ‘Hmm.. I agree. I wouldn’t bat an eye lid if you would be at home for the night.’ Rhea replied, ‘High hopes Minish… I stay just two minutes away. I won’t be staying overnight like Shruti bhabhi.’

Shruti had been observing him for a while now but didn’t comment. She pretended to be engrossed in the game and before they knew, sleep took over both Minish and Shruti. They didn’t realise when they slept, leaving the t.v. and lights on.

It was early in the morning when Atharva woke up to see…..

To be continued….

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER: All content posted is original work of the author and no part of the content can be copied, reproduced or posted in parts or whole on any other social media platforms, websites, publications or published in form of a hard copy without the prior consent of the Author.

©2019. Sagas_by_Irvika. All rights reserved.