Michael smiled at the rush of adrenaline controlling his body. There was always something that came over him every time he walked on stage. If Michael could choose a place to live it would be on stage where he was free and not afraid to be himself.

" So what's the deal now, he solo or something?" Alyssa glanced up at Delilah then Valentina who shrugged.

" I don't even know. I read up on some magazines though, so rumor has it."

" It's a shame he left his brothas but hell — even Stevie the wonder boy saw that coming." Alyssa shrugged causing both Valentina and Delilah to nudge her for her bold comment.

Don shook his head " What do you mean by making him have no choice? You know Joseph is one crazy motherfucker not to be played with man."

" Not like that trust me. The contract guaranteed one album but after that, I'll get a little lazy if you know what I mean." Bobby nodded as he peered at Michael dancing.

You are there when the night's in town
Standin' there with the top of the round
They don't care about the things you wished you saw
You're like the cinema
You think that nothin's wrong

When the music faded Bobby began to clap. " When it's time, pull the plug." He patted Don on the shoulder earning a side-eye from him at the contact.

The crowd continued cheering him off stage and Michael smiled as a guard handed him a towel and some water before directing him to stage left.

His mind was everywhere but mainly set on heading back to his dressing room to cool off.

" Yo Delilah there's Michael." Valentina pointed causing Michael to casually glance over before hitting a double take as his feet apprehended his body's movement.

Delilah's face softened once realizing that his eyes were on her. His stare intense and focused as he stood only feet across. She was stuck between focusing on him and preparing to walk out on stage.

Delilah forced herself to avoid eye contact while she listened to the sound man and Don Cornelius speak. She tried to focus on any and everything except him. Valentina and Alyssa's conversation, McFadden and Whitehead getting their microphones, even her Uncle who was grinning in some woman's face. Michael still overruled it all for her will power weakened and she glanced in Michael's direction — he was still staring.

His shirt was unbuttoned to show a bit of his glistening chest, his towel wrapped around his neck and his brown eyes appearing to be a tool for hypnosis for Delilah could barely look away.

He didn't smile nor did he look angry yet she was still intimidated by the way he looked at her.

On the stage, Don looked into the camera with his serious demeanor. He was hosting the number one show in the country yet he still managed to keep his smiling to a strict minimum.

Delilah shook her head as Robert nudged her. " You ready to be on TV?"

They smiled at each other just as Don announced McFadden, Whitehead, and the Soul Madonnas.

Delilah took a deep breath and inched her way through the curtains to reveal herself to the crowd and the many cameras.