Reconciled

Love; a strange, painful, confusing, beautiful thing. One might argue the appearance of destiny might have tempered with the idea.

She wondered off to a cafe near her place of home; an apartment. Ecstatic energy radiating off of her. The sky was getting dark, comforting her.
But she didn't feel anything beyond content.

She ran, eyes closed, hopping from one song to the next.
And there he was; as beautiful like he was years ago. A truly, angelic presence.

"Andy?"
She breathed out, it couldn't have been him. What type of coincidence is this? Hope submerged itself deep within her. A painful stab-like feeling pierced itself to her chest; churning her gut.
What if it wasn't him? It couldn't be him.

His eyes shot back, hearing the familiar sound from who-once-was his lover's voice.
The soft sound still made his heart jump backwards. His eyes ran to her immediately, she looked different, she thought he wouldn't remember her because of that reason.

She still looked breath taking for him,
funny what love can do.

"Wendy?"
Hopeful eyes with shocked lips; they finally ran to each other's arms. Memories flashing; all the sorrow and gloom that they've both encountered after she left. They've obviously kept their hearts the same; their hearts of heart, souls, they still belonged to each other.

He still reeked of leather and fresh cologne, much less smoke. His embrace was still the same; warm, welcoming, staggering, captivating. His embrace is enough to make a dead heart jolt back to life with twice as much energy. His hair was much shorter now; still as irresistible as they once was. Tattoos evident on his neck;
He looked exquisite.

With much shorter-dyed-hair, she looked up at him with starstruck eyes. He thought she looked like a goddess. She was his goddess. Years of strict parenting rules took a toll on her, she broke loose.

"I'm sorry"
She spoke, he already knew she'd still love him. She knew he'd still love her.
Their eyes were so blatant, they couldn't lie.

"I miss you"
"I miss you too"

There they were holding each other with strong grip. Making up for the lost memories.
Of course, this was reality. Things aren't as perfect as they should've been. Where do they stood?

But questions like that aren't worth answering, those answers are unwanted. Nothing else matters, nothing else existed. Dainty fingers ran around his back, soothing Andy.

Rain came down, delicately falling unto them.
It was nighttime and the rain was pouring, what were they going to do? Say goodbye and hope for the next coincidence to make them fall unto each other once again?
Life doesn't give second chances.

Running in the dark, wet shoes with water soaked hair; they found a hotel. A place to stay with together. It's just one night. To feel like lovers again. Lovers in the most unromantic way possible.

"Who are you now?"
Was the question to summarize all the other exchanged questions. Followed by long explanations and passionate actions.

Ending the night with a simple cuddle.
They always belong to each other, that's where they stood.