9. The Inevitable Change

“ Everything you've ever
wanted is on the
other side of fear. ”

- George Addair

________________

9. The Inevitable Change

   I was awoken by the brilliant rays of the early morning sun, gleaming through my bedroom window.

   Note to self, the fact that the sun is shining this brightly meant that  somehow, my day was gonna be very bad.

  Slightly tossing under the covers, I thought about yesterday's happenings. It made me so pleased to finally be able to speak my mind to Catherine. I honestly feel on top of the world.

   “Ashlynn sweetie,” she said as she tip toed in through the door and made her way towards my bed, “Oh, you're awake. You're father and I need to see you downstairs immediately. ” Lisa said without a dash of warmth.

   Apparently the pretense caution that was used when I just got back has completely worn off.

    So I did what any good step daughter would do eventhough she was greeted in such a way. I brushed my teeth, washed my face and headed downstairs.

   In the dining room, was my dad, stepmom and... my morning just keeps getting better and better doesn't it.... Jessica-Tai.

Doesn't she understand the term 'live on campus'?

   “Morning Ashlynn,” my dad greets me in his business voice, “Have a seat.”

So his gentle touch has worn off too, huh.

  “Now Ashlynn,” Lisa starts.

  “With all due respect Lisa, can you speak quickly? I don't wanna be late for school,” I said without an ounce of respect. She doesn't deserve my respect.

  I don't actually want to go to school. I never do, but I might as well make myself believe that I want to, since I'm gonna go anyways. Actually, now that I think about it I do wanna got to school. After yesterday, I was dying to see the reaction of Victoria and her crew seeing that I had given Cathy a piece of my mind. I wanted them to try something so badly, so I could give them their own medicine too.

   “You are not going to school, because—

  “No Lisa, I think I should tell her,” dad says as he places his hand over her hand.

  “Tell me what? Did someone die?”

  “No, not at all," Lisa replied.

  “Then why aren't I going to school?”

    “Ashlynn, you know I love you with all my heart,” dad said.

Oh dear, something is definitely going to go wrong, as long as that lie is involved.

   “Now your mother and I have been discussing it for months, and —

  “My mother? Why are you talking to her, father?”

   “Well, she has been absent from your life the past three years and that is not healthy for your development Ashlynn. So, it was decided that you will be sent to live with her on Wednesday of this week.”

   Now I know I said that today was going to be horrible, but out of all the awful days in my life, this might just be the #1 worst day of all time.