Chapter 31

Olivia covered the pot the moment she was done inhaling the sweet aroma from the cat fish pepper soup that was soon filling the entire kitchen, a satisfying smile covering her face as she wiped her hands on her apron, hurrying back to the "L" shaped kitchen counter behind her so she could help Lucy with the vegetables.

"I've got this. Check on the sauce please." Olivia told her just as she reached for the chopping board while Lucy turned around, hurrying to the gas section.

"Hello, Hello, Hello!"

A tiny snort left Olivia's mouth the moment she heard the voice followed by loud footsteps walking into the kitchen, and then loud hums. She didn't need to raise her head or stop what she was doing to recognize the voice. To know who it was. She shook her head as she chopped the leaf into the board carefully.

"Good afternoon to you too Amy," She said the moment she noticed a familiar presence relax on the counter, pulling her head closer so she could have a good look at Olivia. Olivia rose her head just a bit slightly and then shook it right before she turned back to her knife.

"Someone looks happy today." Any smirked.

"That makes two of us." She exhaled. "Why are you so excited this evening?"

Amy scoffed.

"Why not?" She chuckled reaching for her black hand bag. "Guess who just bought two VIP tickets to go watch the African giant perform at Transcorp tonight?" She said jerking her hands in excitement in the air. "Can you believe it?" She leaned closer, swinging the tickets in Olivia's face. "You have to be my plus one."

Olivia scoffed and then dropped her knife, right before she slowly reached for Amy's hand and then threw it away from her face.

"I can't." Olivia reached for the board and then stretched it to Lucy. "I've got dinner with my fiancé tonight." A wide smile appeared on her face just as Amy scoffed, noticing how her face brightened even more.

"Look at you, all excited." She exhaled. "Now I wish I had my own Rafael. You make dating sound so fun."

"You know, we can find you someone if you'd like. Someone good and loving. Someone like Tony for example. He and Kemi broke up months ago. He's back to being single. You've always had this crush on him. It's a good opportunity."

Amy scoffed.

"As if he'd ever notice me." She slouched her shoulders. "I'm honestly and truly done with all these men."

"You know, I can like hook you two up. Tony listens to me."

"Show off."

Olivia chuckled faintly.

"So who would go with me now to see Burna Boy?" Amy pouted. "I don't want to go alone."

"So take Lucy, or Nanny Benita with you. I'm sure they'd love to go and gbé body é." Olivia turned to Lucy. "Lucy, would you like to go see Burna Boy perform this evening with Amy?" She asked as Lucy slowly turned to face them, a huge smile spreading on her red cheeks.

"I'd love to Aunty Olivia." She couldn't even hide how excited she was anymore. Olivia turned back to Amy.

"There, you have your date."

"You self ehn," Amy sneered and then turned to Lucy. "Lucy, my darling. We'll go together and enjoy these VIP tickets on our own. Make sure you don't show her any pictures or videos when we are back."

Lucy chuckled and then turned back to the sink while Amy pulled one of the long stools to herself so she could sit and watch Olivia while she cut the onions.