Chapter 21: Eating normal food (yay?)

I sat on a bean bag, sipping a cup of tea. Everyone was still sleeping, I assume. I had told Bradley to chill with his desperate to get attention from Maddie personality. If she liked him for who he was, then he wouldn't have to keep up an act for whatever future was in store for them. I wasn't wearing the most comfortable clothes in such a spot. I should probably ask Maddie if I could go clothes shopping and tag Bradley along. Chugging the rest of my cup I washed it and left it on a rack to dry. I wasn't too sure on exploring the place so I stuck to the TV. Seeing an old show I liked, I relaxed on a bean bag and watched it on the lowest volume possible. The inventor of subtitles should be awarded.

"Good morning." Bradley walked in on me watching the third episode of the show.

"Good morning." He sat down next to me.

"You've cleaned yourself up good." I cocked my head.

"And you never told me you were a 'Drain Cogs' fan."

"You never asked." I turned back to the show, catching the part when the contestants fell right into the mud trap.

"Hey, so you received any orders from Jerry yet?"

"No, you should get some breakfast. They have microwave everything." My eyes stuck to the screen.

"We'll see."

I heard him opening the fridge door and hitting his head in the process, which resulted in a curse and the sound of an ice pack.

"Nice bump." I complimented, amused. "I'm sure Cameron would like that."

"You're never going to let go on the Cameron thing are you?"

"Unless you have something better for me to tease you about, no."

"Who's Cameron?" Tank trudge into the room, shirtless.

It was quite an interesting sight, red checkered pajama pants do not go well with bunny slippers. I shook my head at Bradley.

"Just an old friend." Bradley replied.

"Sounds like you guys were best friends, like the trio of best friends." Tank scratched his head and started brewing a cup of coffee.

"Not really, Al was closer to her than me." Bradley had earned a well deserved glare from me.

"I get it, girls are always closer together. It's like, what are they thinking? No offense Al."

"No offense taken." I winced, nobody called me Al unless I let them.

Bradley saw that I was uncomfortable.

"So Tank," He relaxed a little on his seat "Does Maddie have a type?"

Tank poured the coffee in his cup and took a whiff.

"Do you want a cup?" He offered.

"No thanks." I said almost too enthusiastically.

"Maddie...she's hard to see. Not my type," He winked at me, I felt my disgust growing.

"But do you know anything?" Bradley looked desperate.

Tank looked at Bradley for a moment, then noticed my glare at him.

"...Maybe?" Tank rubbed his chin "She likes some octopus band."

"The multitaskers? No way." Bradley's eyes widened.

"Yeah, whatever they're called." Tank scoffed.

"Did someone say the multitaskers?" Maddie's head poked from her room.