Chapter 18: Sick Ride

Bradley wasn't talking to me so I mainly tried to focus on the view for these few days. It was gorgeous, but the sounds along it were not. So many people got sea sick so wherever I was, there was someone puking beside me. I didn't really expect Twinkle to be a sea sick person but he was. There were multiple times when he threw up. The boat didn't rock much, I thought it was quite steady, but others didn't. Bradley still isn't talking to me, every time I glance at him, he gives a woeful glimpse back at me. I'm the master of guilt trips but even this one hit my heart. I mostly hung out with Kayla. Twinkle and Jerry were distracted by everything, Jesse helped with the kitchen on the boat, she was the leader of the kitchen group so the quality of food was in her hands. Nearly everyone I knew was stressed and we weren't even three days into the trip. Based off the calculations, we had nearly a week to go if there wasn't any issues in for us. The farmer group got right to work in case our supplies ran out. My work didn't start yet since we believed that everyone wouldn't be that dirty to their beds.

"Good night Allen." I mumbled, ready for the fourth day of our trip.

"Good night." Allen's faltered voice replied.

"And good night Brad."

I'm sure Bradley heard me, and I understood why he ignored me.

I was mean and I knew it, my bottle of guilt followed me everywhere I went. I decided to do something about it, because I was selfish and wanted this feeling to go away. Marching to the farmer group, tending their plants. I walked up to Bradley and stood there. He looked up

"What can I do for you?" He said nonchalantly.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry."

"And you already did."

"It's just," I squirmed "I really cared about her and I was out of control with my emotions."

"So what does that have to do with me?"

"I want my buddy back." I blurted out.

He raised his eyebrow and laughed

"Not so cool are you now, Al?"

I relaxed, we were on a nickname basis again.

"I hope you weren't mad at me." I winced.

"I'm not mad." He grinned "I'm really mad."

I chuckled

"I'll see you after work."

"So how are you feeling exactly?" I ate a slice of bread dipped in soup. Tomato soup and bread for dinner again.

"It's a tinge of mad but mostly relieved to be talking with you again. I really need to tell you what's up." Bradley beamed.

"Do tell." I said with my mouth full.

"Okay, so far our farming-"

"Hey, yew dwon't mind if I slit nesht to yew?" Allen held a bowl of soup with a slice of bread in his mouth.

"No," I welcomed "Be our guest."

"So what are you talking about? SON?" He took a big bite of bread.

"No, just daily stuff." Bradley shrugged.

"What do you know about SON?" Allen grinned at me.

"As much as you do." I responded without missing a beat.

"Come on, you're friends with the leaders! You must know something!"

"Just because I know Twinkle and Jerry doesn't mean I know their secrets. I have respect privacy, maybe you should try that."